Pandora.com

Fakerofdeath

Hasselhoff for President
Aug 9, 2006
Southeastern Michigan
Pandora is a really cool, free, and legal internet radio that lets you listen to your favorite songs and discover new bands. All you do is tell Pandora what kind of songs, artists or albums you like and plays that artist and similar ones. It even has all of Sym X's albums on there.

Edit: sorry, for some reason it doubled the thread.

last.fm's better because its recommendation system is more robust. The idea of musical neighbours is a good one.

pandora gives me better recommendations in a few minutes than last.fm has given me in over 6 months of receiving data on my listening habits. i'm guessing last.fm is good if your listening habits/patterns are like other peoples and pandora is good if you like specific styles since it bases its recommendations on the actual music and not other peoples tastes.

bit late sorry

meisteh said:
pandora gives me better recommendations in a few minutes than last.fm has given me in over 6 months of receiving data on my listening habits. i'm guessing last.fm is good if your listening habits/patterns are like other peoples and pandora is good if you like specific styles since it bases its recommendations on the actual music and not other peoples tastes.
hmmm that's a shame. I found pandora gave me stuff that was identical to things I liked, or entirely different with little middle ground.
last.fm has a much greater emphasis on community so it's not just about the algorithm working out what's similar, but interaction with your neighbours - I've had great recommendations both from the site itself and also from other people who use it.

nice charts btw