Pantera and Van Halen (strange similarites!)

Triumphant Apostle

Disciple Of The Watch
Dec 8, 2001
St.Paul, MN
Visit site
They both:
1.Have brothers that play the guitar and drums and are a one guitar band.
2. Had a lead singer who has an out of control ego.
3. Had a Bass player that jammed with the lead singer in another band outside of the original band they were in.
4. Had lead singers who made ridiculous statements on stage that pissed off the other band members numerous times.
5. Founding members are brothers who decided to continue on even after their lead singer left ( Although Van Halen kept their original name.)
6. Slagged the lead singer in the press after he left and vice versa!
7. Have a lead guitarist who is clearly the heart and soul of the band.

I can't think of any more right now but I was talking to a friend about that today and we thought it was pretty ironic!

plfffffft said:
It's called sarcasm:D

But I still think Michael Anthony should be drug out into the street and shot for the bassline to Running With the Devil
Being a Bass player myself I have always thought Rex was one of the better Bass players in metal. He always had very inventive Basslines when Dime was soloing and I loved the fact that after Cowboys Dime no longer tracked a rythym guitar when he was soloing and just let Rex carry the groove. I do tend to agree with you on Michael Anthony though. Technically he does what he is supposed to do, which is lock in with the Drums, but he was pretty boring in my opinion!