pantera greatest hits to be released in a couple months

mrthrax

riffer madness
Feb 17, 2002
australia
Visit site
this is interesting,i know they have to fill there contract out but surely another live album would satisfy hardcore pantera fans than a greatest hits cd

hopefully vinnie and dime finally get around to doin a live dvd,they would have alot of shows taped so it couldnt be too hard finding a killer performance,that would be the ultimate and i cant understand why they didnt do it years ago!!!

whats your thoughts people.

I would love a pantera greatest hits album. When I start getting into bands, I usually buy the best of or greatest hits cds first. I have pantera live, and I would much rather hear the studio tracks than the live ones.

Bastards i think this bascially tells us pantera is over
bawl1.gif

what a horrible greatest hits album...2 cover songs...who puts cover songs on a greatest hits album? only 1 song from trendkill?
the person who compiled it should be shot.

as for a new dvd...i would only buy it if they provided a whole concert...the footage of them partying and all that other bullshit occupying their previous 3 home videos are quite tedious and trite after one viewing.

snickers said:
what a horrible greatest hits album...2 cover songs...who puts cover songs on a greatest hits album? only 1 song from trendkill?
the person who compiled it should be shot.

as for a new dvd...i would only buy it if they provided a whole concert...the footage of them partying and all that other bullshit occupying their previous 3 home videos are quite tedious and trite after one viewing.

I agree they need just a full show with no bullshit inbetween
:loco:

I have a best of her as it is mate, its called the 'Set List' was released as a bonus CD when they toured OZ in '96 with Trendkill, why would I want another one?

I haven't been crazy about where Pantera was going lately anyway. I'd rather see more Down than more Pantera right now, so it looks like my wish is going to be granted. And with SJR putting together another album, there should be enough there to satisfy fans of Pantera's last few albums.

schindlers_fist said:
Anthrax does great covers. I don't think they've ever butchered a song.
Yep. That is true. The only song they covered that I prefer the original version of was 'Phantom Lord'.

Metallica also rules on all the covers they did. I fuckin love the 'Mercyful Fate' medley they did!
!:headbang:

ThraxDude said:
Yep. That is true. The only song they covered that I prefer the original version of was 'Phantom Lord'.

Metallica also rules on all the covers they did. I fuckin love the 'Mercyful Fate' medley they did!
!:headbang:

*shocked* ThrA:rofl:ude said something nice about Metallica! :OMG:

Metal Maiden said:
*shocked* ThrA:rofl:ude said something nice about Metallica! !:OMG:

Yep. I've always defended their music. I even thought that Re-Load was good.
But then they did the Napster thing. And now they have this craptacular album out. The officially SUCK. With both their (new) music, and their greed.