Paradise Lost, Nevermore, and Hammerfall tours coming soon + Stratovarius

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
According to Virginia based concert venue Jaxx official website they will announce shows in the near future for Paradise Lost, Nevermore, and Hammerfall. These three names have been added to a list that also contains Morbid Angel, Blue Oyster Cult, Krokus, Kix, Finntroll, and Blind Guardian. Stratovarius were on this list but are now confirmed to perform at Jaxx on September 16, 2005. No support for the show has been listed yet but it is said to include two national acts and 1 local act. The only weird thing is that this Stratovarius show is booked the same date and time as the Therion show at Jaxx but being listed as two seperate shows.

Also from what I hear Blind Guardian will be touring North America come January 2006.

TheGraveDigger said:
According to Virginia based concert venue Jaxx official website they will announce shows in the near future for Paradise Lost, Nevermore, and Hammerfall. These three names have been added to a list that also contains Morbid Angel, Blue Oyster Cult, Krokus, Kix, Finntroll, and Blind Guardian. Stratovarius were on this list but are now confirmed to perform at Jaxx on September 16, 2005. No support for the show has been listed yet but it is said to include two national acts and 1 local act. The only weird thing is that this Stratovarius show is booked the same date and time as the Therion show at Jaxx but being listed as two seperate shows.

Also from what I hear Blind Guardian will be touring North America come January 2006.

Jay(Nedry, the guy that owns Jaxx) tends to list the bands that he's negociating with or shows that he's "working on". It's not the most reliable, but it's about 70%

If he's listing Nevermore, it's probably a pretty good bet that their coming, he's on really good terms with the band and their management.

The "upcoming shows" part is for bands that have told Jaxx they will make a round to va when they come to america. It got on my nerves after a while of seeing the same bands slated to "come soon" but would never get announced (Iced Earth was on that list for well over a year and a half in 2003/04), but most bands listed there are confirmed for a US tour and are waiting for the national announcement of the tour (minus announcing Therion first and throwing off Progpower announcements).

Seeing the new additions to the "upcoming shows," i'm very happy with the increase in good metal shows that have (and are) come around this area.

Dude. As much as their new one bored me senseless, I would LOVE to see Paradise Lost, in the hopes of some older material!

(and their new webmaster may have a better handle on the dates, but the web-programming ain't looking so hot on Firefox! Graphics are severely mangled and layered...)

And Therion is playing there Sept. 16th and Strato Sept. 19th... that's just funny.

Curufin said:
This man is correct.
Yea, I guess Marcus is still recovering from that nasty broken leg. But according to the last news on their site, the recording is going well.

jaimek said:
Dude. As much as their new one bored me senseless, I would LOVE to see Paradise Lost, in the hopes of some older material!

Me too. They actually re-invigorated my interest in them when they opened up for Opeth in the states about two years ago.

Not too much into the whole Depeche Mode-saturated sound, but they still have some great songs! And supposedly their new material is going back to a heavier sound.

"Draconian Times" is one of the greatest albums ever, IMO!

Draconian Times is beautiful. Maybe this time around they will be headlining, and have a more extensive set. They were great when they opened for Opeth in 03, but with the exception of a few old songs they really did stick to Symbol of Life and the like.
I'm really excited for Nevermore touring again, and even tho i'm not much on Hammerfall, of course i'll see them if they do stop by VA (and hopefully play a good amount from Legacy of Kings;))

I would love to see Hammerfall or Paradise Lost. I have already seen Nevermore, but wouldnt mind seeing them again, I cant wait for the new album and the reissue of enemies of reality.

peace