Paradise Lost: The Anatomy of Melancholy

'Eternal'... is my all time fave songs from Paradise Lost. They were used to play it in those years they toured for ICON and DRACONIAN TIMES. Last but one time I saw them live, played 'Gothic'! Last time they played here in Florence last month, supported H.i.m. Pretty sad.

Picked this up today and just at the last song. It is one of the best live dvd's i've seen. The sound and performance on it are impeccable.

Just hope you know Nick sings Gothic now..not growl..at least that's what he did the last time I heard them live.

urgh really? he sings it now? that's nearly as depressing as when Mille does the "now that the mission is done" bit of Pleasure To Kill in spoken word :mad: Does Nick sing As I Die and other older songs like that too?

I must admit I am a huge Gothic era fan and Katatonia's rather liberal borrowing of their guitar tone for BMD is what got me into them

Can't wait. Some songs they should have played.

Enchantment,Elusive Cure,Joys of Emptiness,Forging Sympathy,Crying For Eternity,Rapture,The Painless,Dead Emotion.

Needs more Believe In Nothing.

Less is more.

Of course..I don't hate that album as thoroughly as I used to. It's 50/50 Good and bad. Mouth is not one of the good. Damn...
It should have had more Host.

too much from In Requiem too btw. Also one of the weaker albums in a while. I truly don't understand why so many whined about their previous album "Paradise Lost". It was way better than In Requiem. Going back to the roots? Blah! While "Paradise Lost" started out like a weak album, it grew. But In Requiem for me just goes in the other direction, from great to mediocre+. Hope their next album is better. Evolution...yes, indeed...good idea.

Eh there's only 2 tracks from that album on the whole dvd. :ill:

Which is one too many. There's lots of great songs to pick from the older albums and they pick out The Enemy and Praise Lamented Shade...christ. Two mediocre songs even from that album. If they had used Requiem and maybe I could have forgiven it. Two songs is a lot if you ask me. Of course, collections like that are always under heavy attacks. I hate listening to people complaining about stuff like this, but oopsy...