Paradox -- Where the FUCK have I been?!

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
Okay, so I am behind a bit on listening to the ProgPower bands I am thus far unfamiliar with...for many reasons.

I finally sat down to play catch up...first on my list...Paradox. I haven't really heard anything by these guys before, so I started listening, song-by-song to the album "Heresy" on YouTube...and :OMG:

This is fucking thrash the way it should be done! Holy shit! Why not make awesome bands Toxik, Realm, and Watchtower eligible for future PPs too because that's what this shit is. This is just fucking awesome, and I am floored. Are all their albums quality like Heresy?! LET ME KNOW. This band is a must see just for the chance they might play some older shit!

They didn't make another album that sounds like Heresy. Now they are more power thrash. I enjoy their more recent material (though I haven't heard the latest all the way through).

I imagine that Watchtower is eligible since they are more prog than most prog.

Yeah Paradox changed their style after Heresy...Of course they also went away for a decade plus too...LOL

Listened to some new stuff...this shit is good, man. They have changed a bit, but at parts, they still know how to thrash. It's all still Paradox, even though I still deem the shit on Heresy as king. Looking forward to these dudes for sure!

if i would guess i doubt much old stuff will be performed at PP. although i have my fingers crossed, because the new stuff (though good) doesn't touch the first two albums, IMO.

They'll probably play one at most, two old songs. Most of the set will consist of the newer songs though...not that that's a bad thing.