parking within walking distance of Center Stage/Earthlink?

TychoCelchu

Sep 28, 2004
Boston MA
EDIT: I just saw on the FAQ that there are 2 garages near the venue. Would still appreciate any ideas from people, or you can just disregard this.

Hello. This'll be my 2nd PP (was at V in 04) and I just narrowly avoided having to cancel because of the Hampton Inn closing when a friend of mine offered to let me bunk at her house. She lives about 40 minutes outside Atlanta so I'll have to drive in for the shows. Does anybody know of any parking in the city that's within reasonable walking distance of the venue? Garages, parking lots that won't get towed (maybe a Meijer?), all-night meters, that sort of thing. I'm basically looking for suggestions for street corners or something like that. I basically don't know the Atlanta area at all. Looking for knowledgeable people to help keep my car safe :)

Thanks for any suggestions!

There's a parking garage right next to it, that isn't affiliated with the venue. They lock the gates after about 9pm, and then you call using their phone there to have them open it so that you can go in and get your car. This made me feel a little bit safter about my car. Also, there is some parking right at the venue. Either way I haven't seen parking as an issue.

yea but it will creep up on you. at least it did me. the only time ive parked in one was for IV, but i was pretty young and didnt know better to just walk from the hotel. the parking there was good, and had no problems. this one was the next left immediately right after the venue

The last time I went to Earthlink Live, there was a parking garage right next to it. However, they said that you have to have your car out of there by one hour after the end of the show.

dcowboys311 said:
The last time I went to Earthlink Live, there was a parking garage right next to it. However, they said that you have to have your car out of there by one hour after the end of the show.

Not a problem. It's not like at ProgPower people stay long after the shows are done anyways.

AngraRULES said:
Not a problem. It's not like at ProgPower people stay long after the shows are done anyways.
It's a LOT more expensive to park below the venue. Believe me, I know! That multiplied by 3-4 nights is astronomically outrageous!:mad: :err: :loco:

For PP V we spent like 15 bucks a day for parking. Last year, I parked once, and did not move my car for the entire weekend. There is parking around, but not a vast amount of it; It's easier to deal with the traffic when your hotel is right in the vicinity but if you are coming to the venue from a farther hotel it may get a little hectic. If you are patient, driving in circles doesn't do any harm when looking for a free close parking spot. Right around the time of open doors is when traffic is at its worst, of course. Good luck!

Thanks for everybody's suggestions, I am much reassured.
7th SAVIOUR, can you tell me which direction the garage you mentioned is? If it's further away & cheaper I'm delighted with burning a few extra calories on the way to the venue.

The thing with the free parking and parking in unsecure lots is, of course, getting broken in to. Yes, that's still a possibility in secure lots, but not quite as likely. I'll pay the extra money to have my car safe.

I've got a cousin that was working on a job site downtown. He went back to his vehicle. His window was busted out, approx. $1,000 worth of cd's missing and a few other odd and end items. Granted this was a few years back, but personally, I don't think it's changed too much down there.

Yep, been there, done that, had my car broken into right next to the Omni/CNN Center. And there's a police precinct in there, too! :eek: (Allegedly.....)

I'm wondering what parking is like at Atlantic Station? Do they charge for parking?

It's right across the new 17th St bridge from Earthlink....that's the new road that comes in right next to it. Linearly it can't be too much farther than some of the non-close hotels.... Should be pretty safe, too.

TychoCelchu said:
Thanks for everybody's suggestions, I am much reassured.
7th SAVIOUR, can you tell me which direction the garage you mentioned is? If it's further away & cheaper I'm delighted with burning a few extra calories on the way to the venue.
It's just a few blocks south of the venue, on (the SAME) Peachtree. $3 all night. Well-lit.

Last year, the Hampton Inn gave me a parking pass, and I didn't even have a car with me. Maybe see if anyone you know is staying at a hotel, and doesn't need their parking pass.