Pat Lachman to front Alice in Chains?!?!

All of the talk of Layne Staley reminds me of a side project he did with Pearl Jam's Mike McCready called Mad Season. They released one album, Above, that's a must for fans of Staley's vocals. It's a bit more subdued than the average AiC album, but it's an excellent listen.

I agree with Zod in regards to a vocal replacement. In fact, I would have gone apeshit if they would have tabbed Sully from Godsmack to fill the gig. He *is* LS at times. Hell, go over to the Godsmack homepage and listen to the new tune, "Speak."

Uncanny....

Glenn H.

I don't see the problem in keeping the name, they are only replacing a singer, when AC/DC had to replace their singer they kept their name.

Sully Erna is a piece of shit.

I don't know the guy either, but when you name your band after an Alice In Chains song, steal the AIC sun logo, attempt to sound like layne and fail... you lack originality, and therefore Sully, and everyone else in that band are pieces of shit.

I don't know Ted Nugent personally but i know he's an asshole!

Snowblind - Godsmack BEGAN as an AIC cover band in the Boston area. It was only in the late 90s when they began to write their own material. Sully, btw, began as a drummer for Meliah Rage. Saw 'em a few times in the mid 90s. Sully's a really nice guy and not a meathead in the least.

Zod - the name is LaYne. Type correctly, please.

I have something where Maynard from Tool/APC performed AIC songs with the band. Pretty decent.

Mitch - Mad Season's Above is fantastic, although the best track on there is the duet with what's his name from Screaming Trees/QotSA.

shaq said:
If you'd read the announcements of them reforming Alice, you'd see that William DuVall (from Comes With The Fall and also Jerry's touring band) will be handling vocals in the group now. This brings up a couple of things that need to be said:

1) I was, am and always will be a big AiC fan
2) Layne was a great vocalist/frontman, and will be missed
3) Layne did NOT make or break Alice in Chains, Jerry did/does
4) Judging from when I saw DuVall perform with Jerry at his solo shows, he is a great replacement for the position

I understand people being wary of resurrecting the group without Layne, but the fact of the matter is that Jerry was the driving force in the band. Hell, he even did a bunch of the vocals at the time anyway. Personally I can't wait for them to roll around my area, Alice is back!

Just my 2 cents, let the flames begin :)

I disagree. I was lucky enough to see AIC back in I think 1989? when they opened up for Extreme at the Stone in SF and although all my friends and I went to see Nuno and Extreme we left with a WHAT THE FUCK was that look on our face. It was because of Layne Staley's vocals and Jerry's guitars, but mostly Layne. We were blown away. I wish I had that 3 song demo they were giving out at the door.

If no one has learned anything its all opinion, you have yours I have mine.

Bear

Then why would they deny that their name was inspired by the AIC song and make a story up to cover it up?

You probably shouldn't respond, we don't want to get off the topic.

I love AIC.... been listening to them alot lately.... i enjoyed Jerry's solo tours and thought he did a great job on the AIC stuff... I agree with you here all of the way.... not sure about this guy but willing to give it a shot.
I miss Layne badly....

shaq said:
If you'd read the announcements of them reforming Alice, you'd see that William DuVall (from Comes With The Fall and also Jerry's touring band) will be handling vocals in the group now. This brings up a couple of things that need to be said:

1) I was, am and always will be a big AiC fan
2) Layne was a great vocalist/frontman, and will be missed
3) Layne did NOT make or break Alice in Chains, Jerry did/does
4) Judging from when I saw DuVall perform with Jerry at his solo shows, he is a great replacement for the position

I understand people being wary of resurrecting the group without Layne, but the fact of the matter is that Jerry was the driving force in the band. Hell, he even did a bunch of the vocals at the time anyway. Personally I can't wait for them to roll around my area, Alice is back!

Just my 2 cents, let the flames begin :)

Ted Nugent is an asshole, read some of his interviews, ask people who have played shows with him.

I do happen to know people who have played shows with him.