Patchbays

Muttley

Oct 27, 2004
Can anyone recommend a decent low-ish budget Patchbay?

Was looking at the Behringer PX2000, but have since heard that Behringer can be a bit iffy quality-wise (no idea how true this is though).

Cheers

Muttley

Re'an 48 pt bays from AP Audio are a good value for the money (about $80 or less each). they are balanced TRS, modular, and each in/out set of points can be set to normalled/de-normalled by unscrewing and flipping it's module around in the chasis. here's a pic from my home set up...
rack1.jpg

you can see the snakes running from my 2408's analog ins/outs to the bays in this second pic... the rear of the bays are in the top left corner.
keepthosecablesneat.jpg

very handy, being able to flip those modules to create de-normaled points: the outs and ins of my 2408mk3's analog i/o section are, being that i don't use a mixing console at home, simply patched to the top and bottom rows of the 2nd bay in the rack, respectively.... obviously not a scenario in which one would want to have the points in a normalled configuration. this is a pretty usual feature though, and it's mandatory in my mind, even for a budget patch bay.

Thanks for that guy's, I shall have a further dig around for details on the Re'an and Nady options.

Muttley