Pathfinder - Fifth Element

Power_Metal_Dom

Epic Metaller
Aug 8, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
The second album from Polish symphonic power metal band Pathfinder, entitled “FIFTH ELEMENT” is scheduled for release on May, 23th in Japan and Asia and May, 26th Worldwide.

Album art

Pathfinder_Fifth_Element_Cover_850x850.jpg

Tracklist

1. Ventus Ignis Terra Aqua 03:00
2. Fifth Element 08:50
3. Ready To Die Between Stars 05:30
4. The Day When I Turn Back Time 06:15
5. Chronokinesis 05:35
6. March To The Darkest Horizon 08:35
7. Yin Yang 04:30
8. Elemental Power 04:50
9. Ad Futuram Rei Memoriam 05:00
10. When The Sunrise Breaks The Darkness 06:20
11. Vita 02:00

European Bonustrack: Spartakus And The Sun Beneath The Sea (Cover Song)

Japanese Bonus Song: If I Could Turn Back Time (Cher's Cover song)

Preview

Speaking about the album's concept the band has said "The 'Fifth Element' refers to Creativity as a new timeless element which is fundamental to all artistic explorations. Pathfinder's 'Fifth Element' is defined by:

- complex epic song arrangements;

- very sophisticated and highly technical abilities;

- movie score orchestrations;

- vocal performances by a very talented singer supported by a trained female soprano singer

- a sound hitting you like the speed of light and taking you to the new dimension of the bands own Dream Metal;

By listening to the album you will be taken on to a one hour journey faraway from earthbound realities into a world of your own creation filled with your desires and fantasies induced by melodies and voices of PATHFINDER's making."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads-up Dom! Their first album is amazing, and even though it's a little over-the-top Dragonforcey with the wailing vocals and speed at times, it's some really kickass metal and I can't wait to hear this one. The band had me sold when I heard Pathway to the Moon, mixing *real* classical music with metal is always awesome!

Also, that artwork is BEAUTIFUL!

I'm on a roll catching up with some latest album opinions ^_^

This album had a lot to live up to after the stellar debut album. Beyond the Space Beyond the Time was definitely in my top 5 albums of 2010. It's a shame the inspiration didn't follow on to this album, it simply isn't as well composed as the last. It's still very enjoyable symphonic power metal but the band acknowledged that they had "a lot of time when working on Btsbtt we could think about many details but when talking about Fifth Element the situation was not so comfortable...we had only 3 month to do all the work including editing and stuff." And I guess it shows. I recommend people give it a spin but if you really liked the first this is going to sound disappointing by comparison.