Paul Crook

Jockthrax

Mar 9, 2002
Glasgow
www.anthrax.com
Look i think Spitz is a penis and would much rather Kurt Cobain (even in his present state) was the 'Thrax guitarist rather than the clock maker. Was there any reason why Paul Crook was never given the post on a full time basis?

Oh and JB Rules! :headbang:

Jockthrax said:
Look i think Spitz is a penis and would much rather Kurt Cobain (even in his present state) was the 'Thrax guitarist rather than the clock maker. Was there any reason why Paul Crook was never given the post on a full time basis?

Oh and JB Rules! :headbang:
I think Paul was more of a do-your-own-thing than a do-Anthrax's-thing kinda guy. But I what do I know?
For the record, Dan Spitz is a really nice guy. And a great guitar player. I don't know why people are saying he's rude or has a chip on his shoulder. I met him at the Salem, OR gig. He was really friendly, like the rest of the band. And he doesn't even know about my street teaming stuff- he didn't know me at all.

ThraxDude said:
I think Paul was more of a do-your-own-thing than a do-Anthrax's-thing kinda guy. But I what do I know?
For the record, Dan Spitz is a really nice guy. And a great guitar player. I don't know why people are saying he's rude or has a chip on his shoulder. I met him at the Salem, OR gig. He was really friendly, like the rest of the band. And he doesn't even know about my street teaming stuff- he didn't know me at all.

Yeah, Spitz was super nice when I met him in Jersey and in Baltimore.

Super nice to me as well in London last April while I lost my cool and was being a gushing 15 year old fanboy (and he'd just woken up,`poor bastard).

Originally Posted by Black Thirteen
Hey Sargon, we did come out and we signed everyone's stuff by the barricade. Where were you? Too busy exposing your penis?

:lol: :lol:

What thread was this in ??

I lost any respect for Dan Spitz after his "Do the Math" 20 questions. (Then again, I lost respect for Scott and Charlie for reuiniting with him despite the "Do the Math" 20 questions). Paul Crook was a great guitarist, though not much stage presence, but I don't think he was given his fair due with the band. I got the sense from an interview that he had done afterwards that he wanted to get member status in Anthrax but was never invited to have the opportunity, and as such always treated as a hired gun....but then again I don't really know what happened there (kinda like another time more recently with this band where there's been a line-up change and the fans have been left to guess and draw our own conclusions about it).

I've never met Dan Spitz, so I'll try not to judge him. We all say and do things that maybe we're not so proud of later. I will say that I like his playing!

Sorry Dave, I met Danny after the Carling gig and he was super cool, very chatty about music and watches, very friendly.

As for the metal Sludge 20 questions, yes he was a bit off the wall there, but he had been on the recieving end of some serious shite from Scott on Metal Sludge on at least one occasion previously, as had Joey.

I'd rather read an interview with the wee man than any other member of my favourite band.

I asked Paul how come he wasn't a full fledged memeber when he was touring with Anthrax.
He told me he didn't want to be tied down, wanted to keep his options open.

Who know if that's the truth or not. Maybe he was never asked to be?