PAUL DIANNO In Nashville

Wonder if this means then that the ICarus Witch boys will be HIS backup band, or the support band, or both.

I know for many tours, he goes out with another band, whose members will be his backup band.

I will hit this up for sure. Definitely once in a lifetime thing.
Also, Icarus Witch are great live.
Still another band on my never ending list of CDs I want to pick up.

I know one of the guys in Icarus Witch and according to him the plan earlier this year was to be supporting band and Paul's back up band.
Oh if you are in the market for Icarus Witch CDs I know where you can get them.

does he have a solo career or does he sing his maiden stuff?

Well the material was never to great. The 1st Battlezone is ok but it got worse from there. The Pantera tpye stuff really sucked. And the tributes well... Let's just say if it were not for the Maiden attachment the guy probably would never be heard.

These were posted on Blabbermouth today. They're from a peformance in October.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the material was never to great. The 1st Battlezone is ok but it got worse from there. The Pantera tpye stuff really sucked. And the tributes well... Let's just say if it were not for the Maiden attachment the guy probably would never be heard.

See, I'm the exact opposite. I am not a fan of Battlezone, but I love his other solo stuff. The first Di'Anno album, which is self titled, isn't that great. Move forward to the first Killer's album, Murder One, which I happen to think is one of the best metal albums ever written. Very good songwriting, and he shines on that album very much. The second Killers album, Menace To Society, is still very good, but much different than the first one. This would be the "Pantera" album that you are referring to. Back to Di'Anno, the album Nomad is very, very good as well, in my opinion. The Living Dead is basically Nomad re-released with a few bonus tracks. He also did two albums under Paul Di'Anno, both of which I am not familiar with, but haven't heard great things about. He was in a band with Janick and Clive Burr, called Gogmagog, but in my opinion, it's pretty terrible. Praying Mantis I am also not very familiar with. But Killers and the majority of his solo stuff is golden (no pun intended :lol: )

See, I'm the exact opposite. I am not a fan of Battlezone, but I love his other solo stuff. The first Di'Anno album, which is self titled, isn't that great. Move forward to the first Killer's album, Murder One, which I happen to think is one of the best metal albums ever written. Very good songwriting, and he shines on that album very much. The second Killers album, Menace To Society, is still very good, but much different than the first one. This would be the "Pantera" album that you are referring to. Back to Di'Anno, the album Nomad is very, very good as well, in my opinion. The Living Dead is basically Nomad re-released with a few bonus tracks. He also did two albums under Paul Di'Anno, both of which I am not familiar with, but haven't heard great things about. He was in a band with Janick and Clive Burr, called Gogmagog, but in my opinion, it's pretty terrible. Praying Mantis I am also not very familiar with. But Killers and the majority of his solo stuff is golden (no pun intended :lol: )

The first Battlezone was ok, I think the band was basically Tokyo Blade that might be why it was ok.

Awesome line up...I love Bible of the Devil...they play so very loud! Also looking forward to Icarus Witch. The text on Reggie's Rock Club Site says DiAnno is only playing songs from his Maiden albums. I'll be at this show.

Cool, just got my ticket, now that it has been confirmed that Paul got his VISA!!! :headbang:

The first time I saw Bible, I didn't care for them.
I liked em a lot better the 2nd time, more rock n roll than noise.

Icarus Witch are great. Saw them opening for Trouble a couple years back.
Good honest classic US metal!

Should be a great evening.