PAUL DI'ANNO RIP

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com

Former IRON MAIDEN Singer PAUL DI'ANNO Dead At 66

66B528F8-paul-di-anno-to-release-the-book-of-the-beast-album-in-september-includes-two-reworked-iron-maiden-classics-image.jpeg

"...Former Iron Maiden vocalist and frontman, Paul Di’Anno, has passed away. Di’Anno's manager, Stjepan Juras, has issued the following statement:

On behalf of his family, I am very sad to confirm the death of Paul Andrews, professionally known as Paul Di'Anno. Paul passed away at his home in Salisbury at the age of 66.

Born in Chingford, East London on 17th May 1958, Paul first came to prominence as lead singer of English Heavy Metal band, Iron Maiden between 1978 and 1981. He sang on their groundbreaking debut album Iron Maiden, and the influential follow up release, Killers. Since leaving Iron Maiden, Paul Di'Anno had a long and eventful recording career with Battlezone and Killers as well as numerous solo releases and guest appearances.

Despite being troubled by severe health issues in recent years that restricted him to performing in a wheelchair, Paul continued to entertain his fans around the world, racking up well over 100 shows since 2023.

In 2024 he published his new album with the band Warhorse, and only few month later his retrospective album. His first career retrospective album, The Book Of The Beast was released in September 2024 and featured highlights of his recordings since leaving Iron Maiden.

I was so proud to call him my friend and I ask his legion of fans to raise a glass in his memory.

Stay tuned for further updates and tributes...."

Reactions: Cronopio

IRON MAIDEN Pay Tribute To PAUL DI'ANNO - "Paul's Contribution Was Immense And Helped Set Us On The Path We Have Been Travelling As A Band For Almost Five Decades"

Says Iron Maiden:
We are all deeply saddened to learn about the passing of Paul Di'Anno earlier today. Paul's contribution to Iron Maiden was immense and helped set us on the path we have been travelling as a band for almost five decades. His pioneering presence as a frontman and vocalist, both on stage and on our first two albums, will be very fondly remembered not just by us, but by fans around the world.

We were very grateful to have had the chance to catch up a couple of years ago and to spend time with him once more. On behalf of the band, Rod and Andy, and the whole Iron Maiden team, we extend our deepest sympathies to Paul's family and close friends. Rest In Peace Paul.

Steve Harris:
It’s just so sad he’s gone. I was in touch with him only recently as we texted each other about West Ham and their ups and downs. At least he was still gigging until recently, it was something that kept him going, to be out there whenever he could. He will be missed by us all. Rest in peace mate ⚒⚒

Reactions: Cronopio

PAUL DI'ANNO - Documentary On Late IRON MAIDEN Legend To Arrive In 2025

"...A documentary about late ex-Iron Maiden vocalist, Paul Di’Anno, is slated to come out next year, reports Louder Sound.

Wes Orshoski – co-director of 2010’s Lemmy, about the titular Motörhead mainman – announced the project via Instagram on Monday (October 21). He hoped for the film to document Di’Anno’s fight through the health problems he endured in his later years, and expresses his desire for it to get screened at festivals next spring.

Orshoski states:
R.I.P. Paul. Just learned that Paul Di'Anno has passed. Don't have many details yet. Very sad day. As many know, I've been working on a documentary about Paul for the past several years, as he has been fighting to get back on his feet --- literally, emotionally and professionally. It's obviously quite sad that it has ended this way. I'm very thankful for the experiences and opportunities I had with Paul, and because of Paul. And I learned a lot from him. The film will be out next year, and details will be forthcoming — the hope is for it to debut at film festivals in early 2025. I’m very excited for the Maiden faithful to see it. Once it is released you will see just how tough his life has been over the past decade and how hard he fought to change it. Maybe he's finally found some peace. Say hi to Clive for us, legend!!!

PAUL DI'ANNO To Be Laid To Rest At London, England's City Of London Cemetery & Crematorium; "I Will Be Happy To Help His Family Financially To Give Paul A Dignified Burial," Says Manager STJEPAN JURAS

"Paul Di’Anno's manager Stjepan Juras, who yesterday (October 21) had the difficult job of announcing the passing of the former Iron Maiden vocalist, has checked in with the following update..."

Dear friends,

Sometimes a man thinks he is strong and can handle anything. When I got the phone call yesterday morning about Paul's death, I stayed calm and tried not to break down, knowing that it was going to be a long day, a lot of phone calls, and something I had never faced before. All day and all night I answered literally thousands and thousands of messages, until I collapsed into bed in a sleepless dream. However, when I woke up in the morning and saw all the overwhelming messages of support, all the emotional memories and events, I couldn't stop crying, finally realizing how much Paul meant to people around the world and how much our frantic battle for his life meant to them.

Paul definitely left too soon. Perhaps the year 66 sounded cool and close to his inimitable temperament, but there was much more ahead of him. I'm not trying to write his obituary, because that's impossible. Paul, both as an artist and as a person, is simply indescribable and those who never knew him personally will never be able to fully understand who Paul was and what Paul was like. I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the nice messages and help from all over the world and all those who are interested in being informed that Paul will be buried at the City of London Cemetary and that way he will be close to his mother and his friend Clive Burr. We still don't know what day it will happen, but we will let all our friends know everything in time. After the funeral, we will all go together to the nearby Cart and Horses, to raise a glass in memory of Paul, and at the same time we will all be able to donate to cover the costs of his funeral.

What I'm about to tell you now sounds completely crazy, but that's exactly what happened. The book you see in the picture is the story of Paul and his and our fierce fight for his life. The same morning, when the book came out of the press, I received the news of his death. Just a few days earlier, he and I had joked that the contents of this book would completely shock the world and that he didn't know if he was ready for it, but we decided that for his sake and his future life, people needed to know what was going on, because only on that way everyone can help him. Unfortunately, he left too early, he was unable to sign the copy that I intended to give him on the tour in a few days. While I was returning from the printing office with a book in my hand, my heart could not stand it when I passed the Westin Hotel, so I turned towards the hotel and sat on the terrace where we spent a lot of time in recent years. I did not expect that the news of his death spread so quickly that at the same moment all the waiters stood in line and came to bow, sharing with me some of their memories with Paul.

If the death of Bon Scott ended one era of rock, with the death of Paul Di'Anno also ended another era. He will never, ever be able to be replaced. A book about him is available at www.maidencroatia.com and will be soon at www.pauldianno.co.uk and I will also be happy to help his family financially to give Paul a dignified burial.

When we have official news about the date of the funeral, we will inform you, and you will be able to find the notice on the Cart and Horses pages. Together with his family, we are working on this and we thank you once again for your great support and help. I'm sorry that we will all have to see each other in such terrible circumstances, but once again we will remember Paul and toast everything he has done.

I can firmly promise you that I will never allow his legacy to be neglected. As long as I live, the story of Paul will live on. On his official pages and social networks, we will always share memories and thousands of photos and videos that we have taken, and together with all of you, we will make him immortal, even though he already is.

WARHORSE Pay Tribute To Late Leader PAUL DI'ANNO - "He Was An Incredible Guy, Not Just A Legendary Singer"

"...Madiraca and Pupačić shared the following tribute to Paul via Facebook today (Wednesday, October 23)..."

R.I.P. dear Paul. Hope you'll continue rocking on the other side!
As sad as we are, the fact that so many people around the world celebrate his legacy is just incredible!!!! True testament to his legacy and to the joy he brought to millions.
Truth is - he was an incredible guy, not just a legendary singer!!!
Rock on Paul, wherever you are![/QUTOE]

EXODUS Guitarist GARY HOLT Remembers PAUL DI'ANNO - "An Absolute Gentleman Who Allowed These Five Bay Area Dirt Head Thrashers To Just Torture Him For Information"; Audio

"... Gary Holt recently spoke with Eddie Trunk on SiriusXM’s Trunk Nation. During their conversation, he talks about the upcoming tour with Exodus. He also talks about playing with Slayer, and opens up about meeting Paul Di’Anno...."

You know, never knew him. I've been going back in my mental Rolodex of like the first time I saw Maiden, and I think I just missed seeing him with Maiden. But we met once and it was, Pleasures of the Flesh Tour at the last show we did. It was like a little metal festival in Arizona, you know. And he'd been in Battlezone and that was the only time I ever met him. And you wanna talk about an absolute gentleman who allowed these five Bay Area dirt head thrashers to just torture him for information. And you know, we just fanboyed out, you know, because as far as Exodus goes, right, you know, we're all, you know, this band was founded in the ‘70s and we were covering Maiden songs at backyard parties when no one knew who Maiden was. Everybody would thought they were originals. And it was all because a friend of ours saw the first album in the import section and bought it based solely on the artwork. And the live and the photo in the back, he's like, 'These guys must be killer.' You know, it's a friend of mine who wasn't, you know, a musician at all. And we listened to that and changed my life, you know, changed everything.

PAUL DI’ANNO Memorial Show Confirmed For November At London's Camden Underworld; Details Revealed

"... A memorial show has been announced in tribute to Paul Di'Anno following the recent news of the former Iron Maiden singer's passing. Di’Anno's manager Stjepan Juras, who on October 21 had the difficult job of announcing Paul's death, has shared the following update:..."

After the indescribable shock and sadness when we found out about the sudden death of the true legend of rock and heavy metal music - Paul Di'Anno, the whole world united in order to pay the last respect to Paul and send him to the other world the way he knew and did it whole life; loud, fierce and energetic.

Camden Underworld has always been Paul's favorite venue where he always had fantastic shows. In this club, his last show in 2023 was sold out, as would be this one in 2024, which he unfortunately did not manage to play. However, his friends Electric Gypsy, Gypsy's Kiss and Hi-on Maiden, who were supposed to play with him that night, will hold an unforgettable in memoriam show together with their guests, who will sing and play a Paul Di'Anno set from this tour.

Singers Guzz Colins (Electric Gypsy) and David Smith (Gypsy's Kiss) will sing Paul's songs, and in the meantime we are expecting many other guests. Also guest musicians will be Terry Wapram (ex-Iron Maiden) and Tino Troy (Praying Mantis), and in the near future we expect the response of other musicians and friends, who due to the close date of this event have to schedule their previously agreed commitments.

The show will take place on November 7 at Camden Underworld, and you can find out about ticket prices and program times at theunderworldcamden.co.uk.

As merchandise (fc magazine/tour program, t-shirts, patches) was previously printed for the upcoming (cancelled) tour, a very limited number will be available at this event, so if you want to have it, hurry to the club as early as possible.

You will be able to hear various anecdotes from the stage from friends who worked with Paul. We will raise a glass in his name and once again sing the legendary songs that he performed the loudest, so that he can hear us.

See you at Camden Underworld.

diunde1024.jpeg