Paul Dianno

Bucko

Apr 15, 2001
Canberra
Visit site
Former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno will embark on a tour of Australia and New Zealand in June/July. The dates are as follows:

Jun. 17 - Bar On The Hill - Newcastle, Australia
Jun. 18 - Waves - Wollongong, Australia
Jun. 19 - Gaelic Theatre - Sydney, Australia
Jun. 20 - ANU - Canberra, Australia
Jun. 24 - Republic Bar - Hobart, Australia
Jun. 25 - Corner Hotel - Melbourne, Australia
Jun. 26 - Fowlers Live - Adelaide, Australia
Jun. 27 - Amplifier - Perth, Australia
Jun. 29 - Rosies Live - Brisbane, Australia
Jul. 01 - Al's Bar - Christchurch, New Zealand
Jul. 02 - Bodega - Wellington, New Zealand
Jul. 03 - Transmission Room - Auckland, New Zealand

that was quick.

a year after his last tour.

and guess they moved up to the ANU because they packed out the Basement (the pre-sales was a good idea).

depending on cost, might go along again.

wonder if it will be the same backing band again?

I really don't know what to think about that. On the one hand it's good for local bands (well, one of them), but on the other... hmm. I don't know.

Spiffo it's at Rosies...have you seen a band there yet? Unless you're right at the front you won't see shit, and if you hang back in the room all you'll hear is spill from the room the DJ plays in.

one of my mates (with an Iron Maiden tattoo) said to me the other night that Paul is playing the gigs he deserves and I can't help but kinda agree with him. While I wasnt disgusted with his performance with Kill Razor in tow, my mate absolutely was and insists he will never, ever give Dianno his $ again. TBH I really enjoyed seeing him live but I do get tend to get a bit biased when I see an artist I've loved for many years finally playing live in my city-oh yeah and the alcohol helps but I reckon my mate drinks more than me so...