PAUL SAMSON R.I.P.

M

Martin Rodwell

Just incase anyone was unaware PAUL SAMSON recently died of cancer.

I am sure everyone will remember him as his band SAMSON were one of the forerunners of NWOBHM who included Bruce Dickinson as their vocalist before joining Iron Maiden.

REST IN PEACE

I saw this the other day, and yes it is pretty sad ain't it.
Samson did do some great stuff.

God I can't believe that. I saw Samson play at the Mean Fiddler the day before Saxon did, when they had that special N.W.O.B.H.M weekend. The whole band, and particular Paul were tremendous.

I was quite ill about 10 years ago and one of my mates went and saw Samson at the Red Lion in Northfleet, Kent. My mate was talking to Paul Samson about me being ill, and Paul Samson gave my mate a cassette of Samson's new album and wrote in it "Get well soon Mark, Paul Samson". I was really touched by that and it meant a lot to me.

I feel truly sad to hear that Paul has passed away. RIP Paul, you were truly a great man and guitar player.

Mark.

Thanks for the info Martin truly sad my condolences to the Samson family. Althought I've never heard anything by the band judging by all the comments I think it's time I pick up some of there stuff (Samson) please if anybody would tell me what is the best stuff for me to listen to as I'm fairly new to there material and would welcome any insights. :)

Their first album (Survivors) is kinda nice. There´s this combination of groove and solidness to it that makes it well worth listening to.

Thanks for the Info Dickie I'll do just that. Again Thanks :)

Agree with you there Pax it is a great album.
Live at Reading is also damn good if you can get hold of it. Nicky Moore is the vocalist and there is a great version of Riding with the Angels on it.

Definately a sad lose to the Metal Army..
raise your glasses in the air to Paul Samson R.I.P. at your next gig.

And thank you to Pax I'll check both the first album and Shock Tactics out and I'll get back to with the results. :)

Their second album, Head On is an excellent release. It has such Samson classics as Hard Times, Vice Versa, and Hammerhead. A true N.W.O.B.H.M. classic!

i also saw the samson show at the la2. didn't think it would be the last time i would see them. strangely had just bought the comp cd at the merch stall when paul was by the entrance and the guy signed it for me. this was nearly twenty years after i had first time i had seen the band at the mildenhall festival nearly 20 years previouswith a certain band by the name of saxon as headliners.

Damn....RIP Paul :(

I'm going to check out some Samson now.