Paul Stanley's Solo Tour

actordude

Sep 29, 2003
SoCal
As a long time KISS fan, I'm looking forward to seeing Paul and hearing the new cd in October......finally, something KISS related other than merchandise and/or tv stuff......

Just curious if anyone else is interested........

I'm a longtime Kiss fan and was really looking forward to this.

Unfortunately, I missed the onsale for the NYC date and the show sold out in about 30 minutes. :bah:

I am thinking about roadtripping to the Atlantic City, NJ show (which still has tix left), but am not sure yet.

Steph

TwstDrSteph said:
Unfortunately, I missed the onsale for the NYC date and the show sold out in about 30 minutes. :bah:

Steph

Well damn...I'm surprised NYC sold out that fast, impressive.

I'm not really a KISS fan, but this solo tour seems interesting.
I'm not a huge fan of the Tabernacle venue here in Atlanta, but I'll mull it over this weekend. I think I just might go.:headbang:

I'm a huge KISS fan. Stanley's always been one of my favorite frontmen. I'm probably gonna check this out when he comes to Minneapolis. It will be cool to be able to see him in small venue.

I liked what he did when he played the Phantom of the Opera a few years back.

LOL at the "Kiss Merchandise" comment. The latest I read is that there will be a fragrance line bearing the Kiss name.

Anybody else sick of Gene whoring out the name?

BABS said:

LOL at the "Kiss Merchandise" comment. The latest I read is that there will be a fragrance line bearing the Kiss name.

I'm pretty much sick of him period.

I've had the album for about 3 weeks now and thought it was pretty damm good at first, but now it just sounds dull. And i'm a HUGE KISS fan. The best song on it imo is the disco fringed "All About You"! I hope the album and tour does well for Paul even though he doesn't need the money, i'm sure it's just for fun. As many as people who love to hate KISS i'd guess more still love them, they are probably still the most influencial rockband since 1976!

I heard Live To Win on XM yesterday and it sounds like the theme song to some cheesy 80's Rocky ripoff film.

Eye of the Tiger meets Over the Top.

Insert Stallone as the underdog training montage here.

Jasonic said:
Hell no. Don't bad mouth him simply because he is an intelligent Jewish businessman. Jealousy will get you nowhere!

I have no doubt that he's a great business man, but it's like "Enough already with the Kiss merchandising." Go find something else to sell - there's real estate, works of art, tons of things that he can be selling for the sake of business.

I grew up as a Kiss fan, and at that time (in the '70s) there was nothing like their stage show ever. I almost half expect to flip on the tv one night when I can't sleep and see Gene on some damn informercial.

It's annoying to see what it's all become.

BABS said:
I have no doubt that he's a great business man, but it's like "Enough already with the Kiss merchandising." Go find something else to sell - there's real estate, works of art, tons of things that he can be selling for the sake of business.

I grew up as a Kiss fan, and at that time (in the '70s) there was nothing like their stage show ever. I almost half expect to flip on the tv one night when I can't sleep and see Gene on some damn informercial.

It's annoying to see what it's all become.

Oh I know it is annoying. But it is brilliant at the same time, no?

BABS said:

Gene's even doing a promotional tour for the fragrance!

Here's the dates for anybody who wants to smell like Gene:

KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons has lined up the following appearances to promote the new line of KISS fragrances via Gemini Cosmetics:

Thursday, Oct. 12 - Philadelphia, PA
Friday, Oct. 13 - Raleigh, NC
Saturday, Oct. 14 - Myrtle Beach, SC
Monday, Oct. 16 - Ft. Bragg, Fayettville, NC
Thursday, Oct. 19 - Atlanta, GA
Friday, Oct. 20 - Jacksonville, AL
Saturday, Oct. 21 - Birmingham, AL
Sunday, Oct. 22 - Jackson, MS
Thursday, Oct. 26 - Fresno, CA
Friday, Oct. 27 - Las Vegas, NV

More details will be made available soon.