Pc System problem, plase help

Nov 15, 2007
UK, London
So i have decided to build a new system as my current now seems to start lagging when i have to many plugins running, i have tried printing the processes on the tracks it doesnt do alot of difference

This is the system i am running atm
AMD Athlon x2 5600+
2Gb PC6400
250Gb Sata (system)
200GB Ide (audio)

I run Cubase 5 for my Daw and on the cpu meter or asio which ever one it is, it will be round about 40% then it will suddenly jump to a 100% for a few seconds start playing it really slow and lagging then goes back to normal after a few seconds

thought id get some advice before spending the cash, any ideas?

Its the AMD average dual core and average RAM, unless you are running an audio buffer too low that is causing some intense pain on your components. What is your buffer size? Other than this, best you can hope for is going through some audio optimisation guides or a soft rebuild I suspect.

i changed the buffer on the sound card to 1024 it has stopped a little but its still happenening not as much will a new rebuild get rid of this problem?
if you could assure me that it will that wud be great

You never know, fresh windows is a beautiful thing. I'd personally take an image and give it a shot. You could always restore if it still wasnt up to it. My gut feeling is that its the processor to be honest.