Peace Sells...But Who's Buying Review

PrincessHades

Apr 11, 2015
This is my second Megadeth review:

Peace Sells is my favorite Megadeth album, and also my favorite thrash metal album.

Wake Up Dead is an intense shred track that is simple lyrically, but musically and technically, it is great.
The Conjuring is a more odd track. It is basically Satanic magick instructions.
Whether they actually work or not is beyond me, but it is still a great song,but it does not reach the high standards that Wake Up Dead sets for the album.
Peace Sells is a real standout track. Dave Mustaine's best vocals are on here.
Devil's Island is the most straightforward of all of the tracks on Peace Sells.
It has a galloping thrash riff, and in no way falls short of the rest of the album.
Good Mourning/Black Friday is my favorite Megadeth song.
It starts out with the semi-instrumental instrumental, Good Mourning, which has a nice clean reverb guitar with acoustic guitar, and awesome distorted soloing over it. Then the the distorted rhythm guitar comes in, along with a bass riff, and leads into the intro verse, buildup, and then another shredding solo. The song then gets very intense and brutal, with lyrics that could be in a death metal song.
Bad Omen is another song that is very similar to the previous one.
It is a little more conventional, though.
Their cover of Willie Dixon's I ain't Superstitious is okay.
My Last Words is very underrated. Of course, If the entire Megadeth fan base says it is underrated, then it's not really underrated. It is another Good Mourning/Black Friday type song. It has a clean intro and a crisp rhythm buildup, then the song gets into a bluesy verse, a solo, and then an ending with some of thrash metal's best gang shouts.

Peace Sells is greater than any Metallica release.
Kill Em All is also one of my favorite thrash metal albums, too.