Peaceville sampler 2002

veil the sky

Lexicon V
Nov 22, 2001
Guildford UK
www.desolation.org.uk
The nice folks at Peaceville sent me this complimentary sampler recently. Thanks very much :) and it's basically a really decent slab!

There is extraordinary diversity with grind to death to keyboard-dark-synth to black metal to indie-rock even, which sort of makes me wonder about their current A&R policy, but what the hey.

There's this one outstanding track (amongst many) by an act called 'Ship of Fools'. I wonder if anyone else has heard this?

It's got no vocals and is all synthesisers apart from (very well played) live drums which gives a really groovy anf unique feel. It sort of reminds me of the newest Joe Satriani album without the guitars.

Other great acts include:

Katatonia (of course)
The Great Deceivers (great track, also on new terrorizer)
Blood Divine (bit weird as they've split up but a classic anyway)
Isengaard (just so cool. Fenriz' side project)

yeah i was happy to recieve that a few weeks back, i think i posted in the Katatonia forum that for some reason LFDGD is such a great album that the 2002 sampler has a song of a 2001 cd :D

yeah, Isengard is the last track right?, i liked it apart from the vocals, which i would probably get used to, some of its a bit wierd/hippy/boaring, but very nice of the people at Peaceville

Yeah I got that sampler too and even though I'm not a fan of half the bands, I really found myself enjoying it.

I liked the 'Ship of Fools' track too - but there's bugger all information about the disk on the Peaceville site. Seems bloody stupid to me to send out such a sampler and then have infor for only about 50% of the albums featured on your website.

Not a bad effort (I'm glad that they actually bothered to record my details), but can do better methinks.

Charlie