Peanuts

ironically, the deletion of an account and the removal of all posts is performed through banning.
i've replied to similar requests - by other users - before, and yes, the solution is asking mark. i don't see the point in wanting to be erased from um's database, but apparently it's a concern shared by many users who have decided to stop posting.

The Grand Wazoo said:
Out of sight is out of mind?
Erase yourself from past, thus present, therefore future?
Self-deletion = Self-destruction
Weeeh.
maybe we're reading too much in some people's posts. especially since when they will be deleted there'll be nothing to read anymore. :p

@hearse: good point. i guess there will come a time when mark will be flooded with requests by the future rulers of the world, worried that their participation in threads about oral sex with the care bears (tm) might somehow affect their career. so basically we have to assume krigsbarn finally hit her big time, instead of a lamppost as we have been thinking all along?

Actuallly, just banning someone doesn't delete all thier posts. A number of banned users still have theads floating around... just that they're not linked to a profile.

Deleting the posts, there may be a way, but from the moderation control panel, there only seems to be a way to delete all the threads someone has posted in, and that would piss off a lot of people.

xenophobe said:
Actuallly, just banning someone doesn't delete all thier posts. A number of banned users still have theads floating around... just that they're not linked to a profile.
true, it's not automatic, but i guess it's the only way to delete a user permanently. then i suppose mark can add post removal as a happy (?) bonus...

Deleting the posts, there may be a way, but from the moderation control panel, there only seems to be a way to delete all the threads someone has posted in, and that would piss off a lot of people.
yup, not even we, the privileged elite, can do as much. but i seem to recall there have been times when some users got everything they posted removed, and the rest saw their postcount drop considerably, not to mention being deprived of a long list of meaningful and well-thought-out messages such as "you are such a faggot if i were to live in the same country as you i'd buy a portable wall to strip to my back".

well, it does match the silliness criteria rather accurately... :p

we all want to be famous and be desired by men. it's just that some might like it better if gang-bang homosexual rape is not the reason why they've become famous.

Silly silly silly, we can't have things getting silly!

colonel.jpg

...besides that, well I guess you can't, in this day and age it's impossible to go anywhere without leaving some trace. Big brother sees you, and if he doesn't, the forensic scientists will... eventually.

Reactions: Naku ist krig
you can always try to have your account deleted by ging over to the Children Of Bodom forum and startign counting threads. MagSec said that would do it...