Peavey 5150s

Sonnenritter

Jul 31, 2002
Appalachia
www.myspace.com
Alright, my friend has a Peavey 5150 and I like everything about it. Now comes my question.. what's the difference between a regular 5150 and a 5150 II? Which is better and why? I need something to replace this Crate head, but nobody can seem to tell me what makes the two different. If you can help, thanks.

Originally posted by Sonnenritter
Alright, my friend has a Peavey 5150 and I like everything about it. Now comes my question.. what's the difference between a regular 5150 and a 5150 II? Which is better and why? I need something to replace this Crate head, but nobody can seem to tell me what makes the two different. If you can help, thanks.

I have a a 5150 II, which has seperate EQs for both the channels (the distorted channel and the extra distorted channel, it has no clean). The 5150 only has one, shared on both. I've heard the sound of them is slightly different too, but I wouldn't be able to verify. I'm sure they're both almost the same. Oh yeah and the 5150 II has this crunch feature on the "clean" channel, so that it adds even more distortion to the clean than it already has. I'm not sure if the 5150 has that.

can anyone tell me what a 5150 II should cost?
new? used (on ebay for example)?

oh, and would I need a "real" cabinet to use it or would i also be able to run it through my Marshall G30RCD? (just a thought ;) )

Floyd said:
can anyone tell me what a 5150 II should cost?
new? used (on ebay for example)?

oh, and would I need a "real" cabinet to use it or would i also be able to run it through my Marshall G30RCD? (just a thought ;) )

They typically go for between $400-600 american, any more than that isnt such a good deal. And you would need to get a real cabinent.

LC