Peavey Mark VI head for $35

Schmidt_Rubin

Mar 18, 2006
Cape Cod
www.myspace.com
My brother picked this up at a yard sale and gave it to me to see if it works properly. It's 400 watts at 2 ohms and 250 watts at 4 ohms. 9 band EQ, low and high frequency shelving, Companded Chorus and Compression. Anyone have any experience with these?
I'll be trying it out tonight with my Peavey 8x10 Cabinet.

That old Peavey gear sells for dirt cheap and is very reliable. Highly underrated gear. Shhhhhhhhsh! don't let the secret out. If it works fine, it was a steal.

I still have my little Peavey TKO 65 and love the sound but hate the weight. It has taken many a dive but still works fine.
I bought a Peavey Nitrobass head but the voicing was different and not as clean as the TKO. :cry:

Jim

Any idea what year/years the Mark 6 came out? In the late 70's my first decent amp was a Mark 4 guitar head, dual channels. It was pretty nice for back then. My first bass amp was a 60 watt Crate, which I still have, the head and cabinet are wood. One 15".

BTW my Hartke A-35 does have a DI out :p XLR type

The Peavey website is great for old manuals. Go out there and find the manual on your generation. The date on the bottom will be damn close.

Jim