Peccatum?

sikth

...discombobulated
Mar 18, 2004
London, UK
I've long been a fan of emperor, and always wandered what happened to Ihsahn (since the other members went on to form Zyklon). I actually got around to doing some searching today and apparently he's now in a band called Peccatum (which started off as an Emperor side project) with his wife and another guy (Lord PZ :tickled: ). Has anybody heard any of their stuff? Any good? Is it still black metal?

Guardian of Darkness said:
It's poncy, flowery, annoying shit. Avoid avoid avoid.

Ah, I was afraid of that! Does it resemble the operatic, progressive elements that were present in Emperors later stuff?

Cheers for the info, I reckon I'll give it a miss then. Why is it that so many talented musicians have there head shoved so far up their own ass that they can't seem to deliver the music that there fans really want! Rant rant rant...

Funny you guys should bring this up now, since I've got an interview with Ihsahn coming up on my site in the next few days. I'll post again when its ready. I asked him about a lot, including Peccatum, his thoughts on the ideologies, future plans, etc.

TaylorC said:
Funny you guys should bring this up now, since I've got an interview with Ihsahn coming up on my site in the next few days. I'll post again when its ready. I asked him about a lot, including Peccatum, his thoughts on the ideologies, future plans, etc.
ask him about his solo album.....

I like that EP they have out. I'm not too familiar with the songs on it but my friend played it one time and I thought it was pretty cool.

TaylorC said:

Looking forward to that post! I am gonna get a few tracks tonight, but I'm not really a fan of over the top avant garde progressive/operatic stuff. Who knows, this might change my mind tho.