Peep My New Hardcore Mix! Lockout - "The Sickness Spreads"

I like the guitar and bass tones, but the drums have too much "click" to them. They could do with a lot less high end on the snare and kick, since it kinda contrasts with the more organic sound of everything else.

I like the guitar and bass tones, but the drums have too much "click" to them. They could do with a lot less high end on the snare and kick, since it kinda contrasts with the more organic sound of everything else.

Thanks for the feedback! I definitely feel you on that. It's something I've been trying to work on, but I always end up feeling like it doesn't cut through enough

I miss feel more the guitars. The drums sounds ok for that kind of style, I like it. Vocals are awesome. But its my personal taste, I´m not an expert.

You're definitely in the ball park, digging the vibe!

Drums sound like there's too much compression or some kind of transient designer on them, they pop a bit too much imho.
Overheads are definitely too low in volume, and I think the overall drumsound could definitely benefit with more room sound, sounds a tad dry.

Guitars could come up a bit and could use a little more attack/grit, they sound a bit too nice/smooth if that makes sense :tickled:

Bassguitar could use a bit more midrange clang, I hear there's low end but I'm having some trouble 'hearing' the bass guitar itself, there's a bit of growl in there but it definitely should be a bit more in your face.

Hope that helps out!

Thanks for the advice guys! I tried adding more room to the drums, but every time I brought that up in level it seemed to neuter any attack on the shells. So that's definitely something I plan on working on.

As for the bass, that tends to be a problem area for me with MIDI bass. No matter what I do it ends up sounding the same and super robotic, so I try to keep it lower in the mix. I honestly hate programmed bass tracks for this reason, as I usually like having the bass kind of loud.

For the guitars, would more high end bite and sizzle resolve the "smoothness" issue?

Thanks again everyone!