People of the Monolith (Irish Doom-influenced Metal/Sludge) - Free EP

Jaded Entity

New Metal Member
Mar 28, 2010
GreenBack.jpg

We're a sludgy metal band from Cork, Ireland. Our influences include (but are not limited to) Neurosis, Cathedral, Isis, Mastodon, Converge and earlier My Dying Bride.

Links: MySpace - Online Store - Download EP - Some Reviews - Facebook

We have decided to make our latest EP, No Hand to Comfort You available for free download. For those who'd like a physical copy, we're continuing to sell the CD (as well as shirts) online and at gigs.

---

No Hand to Comfort You, (mixed and mastered @ The Hive Studios, Wicklow)

Track details:

1. Algor Mortis (2:45)
2. Frozen (8:08 )
3. Harvest (8:36)
4. The Lure of Prominence (2:42)
5. The Wordsmith (8:16)

Running Time 30:20 approx.

--

Click the link below for full free streaming and download.
Download is available in a variety of formats, including high-quality MP3, FLAC and Apple Lossless.

http://peopleofthemonolith.bandcamp.com/

Please feel free to share.

For those who still enjoy physical copies, we have lovely CD digifiles of the EP, available at gigs and our online store.

---

"Once again, [Cork] has provided us with an evocative and impressive band to be proud of. Lets hope they follow their apparent mentors in Altar Of Plagues and deliver more the like of this. Get it." - Ciarán Tracey [Metal Ireland]

"If I was going to compare it to anything, I’d describe it as a cross between Neurosis and early Paradise Lost, but they very much have their own identity. Immensely heavy riffs interspaced with brooding soundscapes, invoking a feeling of approaching menace. It’s a release that very much reflects the world we see around us today." - Steve Earles [Live 4 Metal]

Full reviews can be read here.

Hope you enjoy!

- PotM

No-Hand-to-Comfort-You-600.jpg