per wiberg: do you think he kicks as much ass as I do

frostbite

New Metal Member
Jan 25, 2008
usa
true not everyone likes keyboards and mellotrons in metal. But you got to give credit to per. He gave Ghost Reveries it's mood and beauty.I don't think there was a note out of place on that album that he played. tell me what you think..

His work on GR is great. The parts don't stand out like a sore thumb like powermetal keyboards. His live version of (insert any song here) and especially TNATSW... just great.

The mellotron in the beginning of the baying of the hounds makes me cry it sounds so badass.

Loads of people hate keyboards in metal. I personally love them, Per has great restraint and elegance to what he plays.

I'd just like to add that his addition is worth it for his simultaneous solo with Mike on BtM alone, so the fact that he adds such colors to all the other songs is just an awesome bonus.

more metal bands should take an example from him and his contribution to Opeth ... instead of using that horrible synthesizer sound. The only artist who can pull off using that sort of synths is Ayreon.

more metal bands should take an example from him and his contribution to Opeth ... instead of using that horrible synthesizer sound. The only artist who can pull off using that sort of synths is Ayreon.

I just love the synths on all the Ayreon albums.. Maybe Ajren should ask Per for his next record ^^;

Per really added some new layers to opeth, not only the GR songs.. Love the way how he does it on Bleak (RHT) for example.. :)

I have to agree with Åkerfeltd, Per is a musical genious and he adds so much depths to the opeth songs. I dont think a lot of people realize how important the keyboards are in Ghost Reveries for example.

And I also agree with keyboards mostly sounding out of place in most metal bands. But, as we all know, opeth are unique.

Per Wiberg joins opeth
Opeth records ghost reveries
????
Profit
!