Per Wiberg - The Fifth Member

Kielbasa - I didn't go off on you for any Tool-related reason, you can believe it or not, that's your choice. If I did in fact "go off" on you for any reason at all, it was because every single post I've seen by you lately has been not only negative, but arrogantly negative, and some of them ignorant as well (e.g. the "per is already a member" one).

Sorry if it bothered you so much and blaming my response to you on a completely unrelated issue (the Tool thing) was all you could come up with.

P.S. The connection to ggggggu comes from the lack of arrogant and ignorant tone of your posts. I'm sorry if I was immature to you before, but seriously, take a look at some of the things you've said on this board.

IAmEternal said:
If I did in fact "go off" on you for any reason at all, it was because every single post I've seen by you lately has been not only negative, but arrogantly negative, and some of them ignorant as well (e.g. the "per is already a member" one).
someone posted a thread about 2 weeks ago stating that Mike confirmed that Per was to be part of the band. as you can see, i am pretty much confused now on this subject because there are 2 idiots telling us 2 different things. ill just wait till its actually official.

IAmEternal said:
Sorry if it bothered you so much and blaming my response to you on a completely unrelated issue (the Tool thing) was all you could come up with.
I assumed it was the tool thing because the reaction in your post was more negative than anything i have ever posted before.

IAmEternal said:
P.S. The connection to ggggggu comes from the lack of arrogant and ignorant tone of your posts. I'm sorry if I was immature to you before, but seriously, take a look at some of the things you've said on this board.
ill admit, a lot of my posts are stubborn, but i have never went off telling people to suck dicks and whatnot.

KielbasaSausage said:
someone posted a thread about 2 weeks ago stating that Mike confirmed that Per was to be part of the band. as you can see, i am pretty much confused now on this subject because there are 2 idiots telling us 2 different things. ill just wait till its actually official.

Actually, the only thing close to that that I've read is someone asking him, to which Mike said "maybe" or something like that. Nothing to confirm it anyway...

KevyCanavan said:
the guy doesn't belong in the band. he can't sing and he made cock ups all over the place on the DVD, if you can't hear them your either deaf or deluding yourself.
And while were on the subject of fifth members or whatever please stop letting that wanker wilson masterbate all over opeths music. whos with me?

cue steve wilson is a genius and i want to suck his red end replys
Why do you hate Steven Wilson? He certainly is very talented, and Opeth seem to like him. Oh wait, I guess you're just to hardcore and badass.

na, i'm far from hardcore and badass. i lvoe radiohead and pink floyd. I just think Opeth made far better, more challanging music before steve wilson was involved. I also hate porcupine tree as they are balls. Steve Wilson is a very overrated man.

Opeth is a 4 piece band and they should operate as such. Steve Wilson and Per is not an option. I odn't expect anyone else to share my view btw this is simply my opinion.

To each his own.
Myself, I keep changing my mind about Wilson. I used to listen to a bit of Porcupine Tree, I bought In Absentia, which I didn't think was that consistent or great at all.

So right now I figure he's been a good influence on the band, and I know it's not my decision, but I'd still like to see what Mike and the boys could do on their own once more.

In Absentia is PT's most less-good album anyway...but I can't see you getting into the earlier ones if you don't like In Absentia either. :)
Anyway, as much as I wouldn't want Wilson to have anything to do with Opeth just for the sake of originality, maybe when Mike has written most of the music before entering the studio it won't make much of a difference.

Man, I like a lot of what I heard of Lightbulb Sun and Stupid Dream a lot better than In Absentia. Granted, I haven't heard any of their music in almost 9 months, but I remember loving some of the songs from those cds. And a couple of the even earlier ones, it was pretty crazy back then. I respect Wilson now, but as you said, originality!

Yeah Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun are much better...although In Absentia does have the wonderful The Sound Of Muzak and my all-time favourite soccer trip song Heartattack In A Lay-By. Bunch of other good songs too...but still.
The guitar melody in Shesmovedon gets me every time. :)