Perfomance added to "In the Court of Jarisleif"

yanara

Battle Metal
Dec 27, 2008
Chile
Perfomance added to "In the Court of Jarisleif

If you see the Turisas performance in the song "In the court of Jarieleif", (at the end) Mathias is like suffering and then it is like a finnish song, so who can explain to me the meaning of that?

Last edited by a moderator:
well, reading the explaination of the person who put that video up on youtube says it all^^

(Russian lyrics)
Vittu Saatana Perkele!
RAH!
(More Russian lyrics)

So the most of it you mean is Russian, not finnish...^^ therefore I cannot help you at all, my knowledge of Russian doesnt exist, so ;)
and the finnish words that are used, more or less mean:

Vittu => fuck
Saatana => satan
Perkele => devil/hell/damn/dammit/(fuck)

(did I ever mention I love finnish swearing? Sounds way better than swearing in German...)

I'm pretty sure Perkele means asshole...

haha and i can't hear the word Vittu without hearing Caliente's voice...

but in answer to the original question, as far as I know, The Court of Jarisleif is about basically getting drunk and partying, so at the end Mathias pretends to be drunk (although some times he does it more convincingly than others ;) ) then goes into the general Finnish 'lei lei' drunken party singing...

It's a Russian folk song, Ochi Chernye. Or is that Chornye? Either or. I've never spoken Russian a day in my life, I could be wrong.
As Katie'Force said, I got the impression that he was acting drunk and, as drunkards often do, breaking into a random well-known tune.

Really i don´t understand anything of russian so thanks for all explanations of video, specially at the end of the song, hahaha. Drinking,dancing and singing, LA LA LAI LAI LAI...

Talia has taught me shitloads of Russian throughout the years. I know how to say Beer. And that is all.

LOL
From what i recall whilst watching borat, you're quite good with cyrillics toooooooo
I prefer the more literal version of Vittu, could be because of who taught me it though :)

It's a Russian folk song, Ochi Chernye. Or is that Chornye? Either or. I've never spoken Russian a day in my life, I could be wrong.
As Katie'Force said, I got the impression that he was acting drunk and, as drunkards often do, breaking into a random well-known tune.

Thank you, that helped me finding a different version of that same song which Turisas sing. I knew it was called 'Dark Eyes' but that was a very vague piece of information I was given. Thanks! :)