Periphery Creativelive

Shit...missed the sale...:yell: anyone knows if there's gonna be another discount in the future?

Heads up!
I was going to buy this at the end of the month, so I registered now, but I got a coupon for 25% off of my first purchase, but it's only valid for 72 hours.. thanks.. I miss this sale, then the coupon deal..
So sign up when you're going to buy it!

Heads up!
I was going to buy this at the end of the month, so I registered now, but I got a coupon for 25% off of my first purchase, but it's only valid for 72 hours.. thanks.. I miss this sale, then the coupon deal..

Thanks for heads up man! For guys who bought it what's the second day about? I read the info but wanna know from those who actually bought it.

Mixing, for all instruments.

Parenthetically, I took meticulous notes on Nolly's basic workflow, plugin choice, etc. then tried to apply it to a raw track of the Made of Metal EZX. Spent an hour or so putting everything together, listen to it and compare...sounds absolutely fucking nothing like Nolly's mixes :lol: but the mic choices and positioning are very different, so I guess that's life.

Mixing, for all instruments.

Parenthetically, I took meticulous notes on Nolly's basic workflow, plugin choice, etc. then tried to apply it to a raw track of the Made of Metal EZX. Spent an hour or so putting everything together, listen to it and compare...sounds absolutely fucking nothing like Nolly's mixes :lol: but the mic choices and positioning are very different, so I guess that's life.

Well, I guess that makes sense :D What about those drum samples from the session? They should sound closer with the settings you tried with metal machine, right?

Well, I guess that makes sense :D What about those drum samples from the session? They should sound closer with the settings you tried with metal machine, right?

I downloaded them but haven't tried mixing them. I use Toontrack for basically everything so I'd need to use an additional plugin for a trigger. Might try it at some point though.

I downloaded them but haven't tried mixing them. I use Toontrack for basically everything so I'd need to use an additional plugin for a trigger. Might try it at some point though.

Assuming you previewed them, are they any good?

Has anyone had a go at mixing the jam passages that were included with the sample files by any chance?

Yes, i can´t post any clips right now, but i sure had a lot of fun and i will continue to try different things
I amazed me how i do exactly the samething you do with the exact same plugins but i tend to arribe at a different result (wich led me to the conclusion that "taste" and critical listening is the most important aspect about mixing)

The samples and clips where great. As soon as i have spare time i will upload something

Heads up!

Hm, so I signed up but didn't get any coupon for 25% off...was this only that day or what?

Thanks for your support!
Only you can decide if it's worth it for you, but I will say having witnessed the operation from the inside, all of their on-location workshops are major endeavours for CreativeLive: expenses alone include flying Matt and I in (internationally in my case), renting all three rooms of a pro studio out for 4 days (they need dedicated video and broadcast rooms), all the crew involved and their gear (a lot!), and so many extra costs too. They also stream it for free out of good will.
I think that if I could have fast-tracked myself to knowing what I know now and went into detail about during in the class, from - say - even a year ago, it would definitely have been worth $100. A lot of heartache, frustration, time and money went into learning these skills and information!

I finally got proper internet hooked up a couple of days ago and just bought the studio pass. Really loving it so far, definitely worth the money. Thanks!

By the way: i own a Dingwall NG-2, cheers for making those happen, brilliant instrument. Just finding Strings is a bit of a pain in the arse living in OZ ;)

Nevermind just bought it! But it would be cool if the can fix that bonus part with micing a cab. :)

Hey Nolly, wanted to ask about your bass recording. I remember your live rig video where you use the Cali76 before the B7K for live purposes, would you ever use it when recording a DI or would you always keep the DI clean?

Bought this. It's really really good. I'm gonna spend hours pouring over all this info making notes.

Hey Nolly, wanted to ask about your bass recording. I remember your live rig video where you use the Cali76 before the B7K for live purposes, would you ever use it when recording a DI or would you always keep the DI clean?

I'd also like to know that, also I watched the class pretty for a pretty long when it streamed and it was really good watch, so thanks for that Nolly :)!

These days I generally like to compress post-distortion so the level of saturation is dynamic dependent on how you play, and also means you can use more gain without it getting too mushy - distorting the already-compressed signal has a different sound and tends to be dirtier. I have just received one of the Darkglass Super Symmetry compressors, and that will be my go-to bass compressor from now I'm sure!

Cheers!