PERIPHERY III: Select Difficulty

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
PERIPHERY III: SELECT DIFFICULTY ALBUM DETAILS REVEALED; “THE PRICE IS WRONG” SONG STREAMING

"...D.C.-based prog innovators Periphery return this summer with a new album, Periphery III: Select Difficulty, out on July 22nd via Sumerian Records, and a US tour, dubbed the Sonic Unrest tour, which launches on August 4th. Periphery share the first music to be heard from the 11-song album as they stream the new song, “The Price Is Wrong” (listen below)...."

peripheryalbummay.jpg

"...The Sonic Unrest tour, a month-long outing, sponsored by D’Addario and Guitar Center, includes openers SikTh, Chon and Toothgrinder and kicks off on August 4th in Raleigh, NC. Tickets are on-sale this Friday at 10 AM, local time. VIP packages, which feature a private meet and greet with the band as well as a limited edition, exclusive poster are available simultaneously via periphery.net.

peripherytourapril.jpg

Sonic Unrest Tour dates include:

August
4 - Raleigh, NC - Lincoln Theatre
5 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
6 - Memphis, TN - New Daisy Theater
7 - Dallas, TX - House of Blues
8 - San Antonio, TX - Alamo City Music Hall
9 - Houston, TX - House of Blues
11 - Phoenix, AZ - The Press Room
12 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues
13 - Los Angeles, CA - The Regent
14 - San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore
16 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theater
17 - Seattle, WA - The Showbox
19 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex
20 - Denver, CO - Summit Music Hall
22 - Minneapolis, MN - Varsity Theater
24 - Milwaukee, WI - Turner Hall Ballroom
25 - Grand Rapids, MI - Intersection
26 - Detroit, MI - St. Andrew’s Hall
27 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mr. Small’s Theatre
28 - Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of the Living Arts
30 - Boston, MA - Paradise
31 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza

September
1 - Baltimore, MD - Baltimore Sound Stage

Periphery will host a four-day, immersive summer camp dubbed the Periphery Summer Jam on July 25th to 29th at the Full Moon Resort in Big Indian, New York. Registration and further information can be found here...."

Reactions: Mardoch
The Price is Wrong is definitely not my favorite work of theirs, but they rarely disappoint so it's easy to overlook.

well. I think that was the first Periphery song I've made it all the way though. Did they get rid of their clean singer? If so I might start liking them a bit more.

That sucks seeing Sikth open for Periphery. There would be no Periphery without Sikth

Same vocalist to the best of my knowledge.

gotcha. he just didn't do that thing he does in this song then. It'd be nice if he avoided cleans. his tone is sooo scene. It's hard to digest for me personally.

gotcha. he just didn't do that thing he does in this song then. It'd be nice if he avoided cleans. his tone is sooo scene. It's hard to digest for me personally.
I've grown to accept his cleans, but I don't really disagree with anyone's take on them as scene or core or whatever. His screams can be freakin awesome, though, and that dude can write a vocal line like crazy. His stuff on Juggernaut is really fantastic if you can put away your concerns for his clean tone.

fair enough. I think at this point there's enough of a saturation level for djenty style music that I can probably find multiple bands that suite my preferences better and I'll just let this one be.

ANIMALS AS LEADERS AND PERIPHERY ANNOUNCE CO-HEADLINING NORTH AMERICAN TOUR; CAR BOMB, ASTRONOID TO SUPPORT

animalsperiphtourjuly.jpg

October
31 - Columbus, OH - Newport Music Hall

November
1 - Chicago, IL - The Vic Theatre
3 - Grand Rapids, MI - The Intersection
4 - Detroit, MI - St. Andrew’s Hall
5 - London, ON - London Music Hall
7 - Norfolk, VA - The NorVa
9 - New York, - Playstation Theater
10 - Providence, RI - Lupo’s
11 - Philadelphia, PA - The Electric Factory
12 - Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE
14 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
15 - Nashville, TN - Marathon Music Works
17 - San Antonio, TX - Alamo City Music Hall
18 - Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey Live
19 - Houston, TX - White Oak Music Hall
21 - Phoenix, AZ - The Marquee
22 - Las Vegas, NV - Brooklyn Bowl
24 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
25 - San Francisco, CA - The Regency Ballroom
27 - Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
28 - Vancouver, BC - The Commodore Ballroom
29 - Seattle, WA - The Showbox

December
1 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex (The Grand)
2 - Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre

Car Bomb opens October 31st - November 15th while Astronoid supports November 17th - December 2nd. Tickets for all shows are available this Friday, July 2th8 at 10 AM, local time.