Periphery - Passenger ("new" song)

Aug 14, 2008
Periphery released a "new" song today/yesterday entitled Passanger, that is featured on the European special edition of the band's s/t debut. I'm not sure if this song's going on their as-yet-untitled next record (the band's on tour with Dream Theater in Europe right now, but I think they finished the recordings for the new record by now).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdDery8wMt0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

This is a new mix/recording of the song, BUT this song was previously released as a Haunted Shores (collab between the new Periphery guitarist and then Haunted Shores guitarist Mark Holcomb and Bulb - Spencer sang on that version too).

I think this sounds sick and I'm stoked as hell on the next CD! Bring it on!

This is an awesome song! Unfortunately, this song won't be on the new album and as Mark Holcomb has said, Passenger is not representative of Periphery's new material.

Supposedly, another Haunted Shores track (Scarlet) will appear on the new Periphery album though.

Blocked now. Bummer.

Edit: New link. I'll take two, please! Seriously can't wait for the new one. I believe I've listened to the album and EP at least once a week, frequently once or more daily, since I first heard their material in late June of last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an awesome song! Unfortunately, this song won't be on the new album and as Mark Holcomb has said, Passenger is not representative of Periphery's new material.

Supposedly, another Haunted Shores track (Scarlet) will appear on the new Periphery album though.

Ah okay. Mark is a monster writer and a cool dude. He is exactly what Periphery needed to keep from getting stale.

From http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=77632 :

Mark Holcomb (guitars) states: “Hey everyone, I hope you guys dig the re-recording of 'Passenger.' We wanted to include a bonus song specifically for the reissue of the self-titled record, and since I had just joined the band at the time we were deciding which song to include.

"Basically, it made a ton of sense to go ahead and re-record this one and release it as a Periphery song. Stylistically it always made a ton of sense to do so, and since the song was originally written by myself, Misha and Spencer, it always kind of felt like a Periphery song anyways! So enjoy it.

"And remember, this isn't a track from the new album session - it's only for the re-release of the self-titled record. Get pumped for the new stuff!! Much love."

People have been posting what looks like an official Sumerian Records splash image of the band's new album cover, as well as the title ("Juggernaut"), and release date (May 22nd). The fact that it keeps getting taken down makes me think it's not a really good shoop.