Persefone - Spiritual Migration

dtfanatic

Jul 22, 2004
This band was new to me. This band is no longer new to me. After listening to this album they are my #1 anticipated band at PP XVI for a band I haven't seen. And I'm going to say this album borders on a masterpiece. :kickass:

This band was new to me. This band is no longer new to me. After listening to this album they are my #1 anticipated band at PP XVI for a band I haven't seen. And I'm going to say this album borders on a masterpiece. :kickass:

You're not the only one. I am super stoked about Persefone.

I was disappointed by some people's accusations of Persefone being a "screamer" band when they saw the video. I thought Spiritual Migration was a great album, and am really looking forward to the set. I think this was a great choice made in the interest of variety for the fest, and the harsh vocals in this band aren't offensive to my ears at all.

I've listened to Spiritual Migration two or three times now. It's only getting stronger. Checking out older albums is definitely on my to do list.

I like their previous albums but Spiritual Migration took the band to another level. You can definitely tell they were listening to a lot of Between the Buried and Me during the making of the album.

They are the band bringing me back next year, hands down.
I discovered them last year with spiritual migration....It's just so good.

People have hated on them for being too technical...but with that level of brutality going along with it, it blows away any opposition.

They have mentioned they are trying to get an album out in 2015 as well... I can't wait!

Havent been able to get fully in to their first album, but i see the potential for it there.

I have been wanting to be a fan of these guys for a couple years. I still struggle with the harsh vocals. I am a big fan of extreme vocal styles but these strangely haven't clicked with me yet. I am going to give Spiritual Migration a couple listens and see if I can warm up to them.

Um nope, not getting it. Sounds like to much going on and I am an old school tech metal guy, maybe it will grow, not sure. For now Ill break out my old Into Eternity cd's.

Bear

Um nope, not getting it. Sounds like to much going on and I am an old school tech metal guy, maybe it will grow, not sure. For now Ill break out my old Into Eternity cd's.

Bear

Come back to it in a month. If you're an old school tech guy I can't help but imagine they'll grow on you.

Ill be honest, the vocals are killing it for me. I love the clean vox but the harsh vox are not done good, sound like many other bands and really lends itself to the cacophonous discord for this music. I listened to some other songs as well. Not sure if this will take with me. For example I love Solution 45. ,Soilwork, CoB, Mercenary ect ect

Bear