Pet Peeves

Prog Snobs???? I guess we aren't friends anymore then. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE just kidding, I hate you Power Jerks.

I'm not a power jerk. By any means. In fact, I tend to listen to more progressive metal than power metal. But I just hate those dumbasses who think prog is the only good thing in the music world.

-- people who say laughingly "Oh, I'll be at the bar or in my hotel room during ___________'s set!" That's nice. Ever think what a slap in the face that is to Glenn? He books bands because he LIKES them. Sure, not everyone will be on board for every band, but that's just nekulturny. ("no culture")

Jesus Christ THANK YOU. I can't STAND that.

I'm not a power jerk. By any means. In fact, I tend to listen to more progressive metal than power metal. But I just hate those dumbasses who think prog is the only good thing in the music world.

You just don't get it. And we're never telling you what "it" is. "It" is ours, and we're never giving it up!

People who do not use their turn signals while driving! :mad:

I lived in Nashville for 10 years, and this was a HUGE issue.

A local publication called the Nashville Scene used to have a yearly "You Are So Nashville if..." contest. One of my all-time favorite entries was "You Are So Nashville if you don't use your turn signal -- because it's nobody else's business where you're going anyway!" :lol:

To me, even more aggravating than the people who didn't use blinkers at all were the people who would slam on their brakes...and THEN turn the blinker on! (Thanks guys, that's helpful. :rolleyes:)

Last week when I was trying to cross a four lane highway, someone made a left turn without using a signal. Fortunately, I could tell that was their intent by the way they pointed the vehicle, but for petessakes. Half the time they don't use their right turn signals either!

And they wonder why people jaywalk...

To me, even more aggravating than the people who didn't use blinkers at all were the people who would slam on their brakes...and THEN turn the blinker on! (Thanks guys, that's helpful. :rolleyes:)

The sad part is that I've been trying to get the car dealer to fix the turn signals in my car because they don't work half the time. (In Virginia we have state inspections, and one of the things they test for are working turn signals).

They finally fixed the problem - after telling them to just replace the hazard switch in the dashboard (which BTW was covered by a recall). Took them three trips to the dealer and arguing with two people over the phone... :ill::mad:

So I'm pissed when people have WORKING turn signals and they don't use them! :lol:

People that think the world revolves around them and what they think... Newflash - it doesn't

People that assume they know exactly how someone is by the way they look... Guess what, 100% of the time, the people that think like that are wrong...

There are so many more but I'd be here forever...

another one tho - that good times always have to come to an end...

I know, I know - it makes you treasure them all the more when they do happen but walking away from that "final curtain" always sucks...

another - buying only one pint of Belgian trappist ale when you know you should've bought two... (I may be able to go out n' get another in about a half hour - but it's 11%... could mean another hour... but I need more... I need to start buying them in pairs...)

Geez. You're all so intolerant ;)

-When people step on the back of my flip flops or any shoes for that matter
-Chameleons
-Judgement

People who do not use their turn signals while driving! :mad:

Oh, lord, don't get me started. I even use mine at 4am on an otherwise-deserted freeway, just because I'm so engrained and programmed to use my turn-signals. But I have to wonder where those other idiots learned to drive?

• People who say "Jesus Christ" for no obvious reason....

Jesus Christ THANK YOU. I can't STAND that.

--Except for YOU. :lol: :lol:

Oh another pet peeve of mine is some self serving, self rightous person commenting and i quote" Meh, I can't be bothered with this".