Peter a satanist?

Zaha86

New Metal Member
Sep 16, 2011
I've never seen interviews if this' ever asked. Is Peter Tägtgren a satanist? Or has he ever been? I'm just curious, nothing more. Like Ihsahn, he talked about satanism a lot in early 90's, but in recent years he has said that he's no satanist, it was just to shock and create a public imago for band.. Hail Emperor! Hail Hypocrisy!

It actually looks like he really was into it.
An interview I found from 1996 after the release of Abduction...

It's obvious you have strong contempt for Christianity, when did come to realize the many Hypocrisy's of this pathetic religion?

"Oh since I've been a kid cause my mom and dad aren't really fans of the religions either religion. They taught me some stuff, all the shit that goes around in the world."

So you've embraced, I don't know if you are an actual Satanist, are you a Satanist?

"I wouldn't say I'm not that because, I mean for a while now after the second album I just went too far when it came to practicing black magic and stuff like that, so I just had to take a step back because when people around you start being afraid of you, it's not good. You have to rethink, because nothing should be controlling you, you should control over you own life and that's the way it is. I'm always for it."

So you were heavily into black magic and rituals and stuff?

"Ya really because that was the way I've always been, that kind of person. When your head is fucking with you that's when you fucking gotta take a step back."

Thats a long time ago tho.
You can read the rest here...

http://www.angelfire.com/pq/deathmetal/hypocrisy/i3.html