"Satanist" desecration!

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
I was reading in a UK paper today about some vandalism to graves of British war heroes in France, and a French policeman was commenting on it...

He basically blamed the desecration on mysterious satanic cult, based on nothing more than some pathetic presumtition!

I found the level of unprofessional guess-work pretty amusing! I quote:

"I strongly believe that young people in a satanic cult have done this"

"I think the cult would have come along in a lorry, kicked the headstones over and carried them off"

"They have probably taken them off to put in a cave or a cellar they use to carry out their rituals"

"They are probably using them as ornaments with candles around them or something"

^
The last one was the best! This policeman seems to have no clue about satanism!

He also says "there are people in northern France who like such things as Marilyn manson"

:lol:

So he's making a connection between Marilyn Manson being a satanist (if he is) with some thugs kicking down some graves?

The fact that it was associated with music was even more amusing. For a start, I'd imagine this "satanic cult" would be more in to French black metal than that american poser goth! Is he even a satanist anyway?

Anyway, I just found the level of ignorance hilarious, particularly as it was connected with music (with a large photo of Marilyn Manson accompanying the article!

im a christian, baptist specifically, and i myself have a hard time blaming satanists, in their true form having nothing to actually do with worshiping satan himself as ive come to know it, for activities like this. Truth be told, all the satanists i know are really nice people.

Reactions: Abou
I read that and it wasn't really funny. It was fucking stupid. Our tabloid press over here is a joke, even to print that shit without doing any research or investigation into the incident.
Maybe it WAS satanists, but what really got me was the way they blamed Marilyn Manson AGAIN - can't they come up with a better theory than blaming that guy for all the ills of mankind?
Stupid cunts.

I read that article and had similar thoughts. "They probably" this, "They probably" that, wow, undeniable evidence there! Idiots. Oh by the way, I don't read that paper. :p

Stupid article. I think Marilyn Gayson is a Satanist of the LaVey church, even a priest of some kind. Probably not the kind who would take home tombstones just for fun.

The thing is, actually Satanism is pretty much the way Slayer85 put it. ([/reps)

One thing though, it is not the Abrhamic concept of Satan. For those of you who really want to know more, I suggest Satanim, which tends to be pretty acurate.

Abou said:
The thing is, actually Satanism is pretty much the way Slayer85 put it. ([/reps)

One thing though, it is not the Abrhamic concept of Satan. For those of you who really want to know more, I suggest Satanim, which tends to be pretty acurate.

Exactly.

Only the LaVey-led Church of Satan preaches that tolerant kind of non-satan-satanism. Personally I would not at all call it Satanism because it has nothing to do with Satan. Personally I do not believe in a physical incarnation of Satan or YHWH or any other 'gods', but that has nothing to do with this. I would rather call the devil-worshippers satanists because that is practically what the word means, and people worshipping the devil and evil would/should stop at nothing, no matter how perverted to achieve their goals. I do not claim to know what these people are thinking, but please don't think that all satanists are Church of Satan sheep.

I don't read that paper either (The Sun) - it's the worst paper in the world, always printing garbage about Pish and Becks, or Princess Diana or some other shallow shit. It's a paper for fucking idiots. My girlfriend bought it. I read The Daily Star.

Sorath said:
Only the LaVey-led Church of Satan preaches that tolerant kind of non-satan-satanism. Personally I would not at all call it Satanism because it has nothing to do with Satan. Personally I do not believe in a physical incarnation of Satan or YHWH or any other 'gods', but that has nothing to do with this. I would rather call the devil-worshippers satanists because that is practically what the word means, and people worshipping the devil and evil would/should stop at nothing, no matter how perverted to achieve their goals. I do not claim to know what these people are thinking, but please don't think that all satanists are Church of Satan sheep.
What? Satan is a Christian word for Lucifer and a propaganda tool.

The original concept of Satan is pretty much what was stated and the Christians took the word and added a new definition to their own advantage. And, if people are devil-worshippers then that is what they are: devil worshippers. And do not forget that there are several different "devils" out there than just Satan.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
I don't read that paper either (The Sun) - it's the worst paper in the world, always printing garbage about Pish and Becks, or Princess Diana or some other shallow shit. It's a paper for fucking idiots. My girlfriend bought it. I read The Daily Star.

Yeh, my excuse is better. I was waiting in line for a haircut.

All this talk of Satanists makes me hungry for chicken -- oops, already sacrificed my last hen in a blood ritual. Tough luck.

Does this worldwide conspiracy of Satanists ever have parties? Do they brew beer like trappist monks? Do they offer health insurance?

Abou said:
What? Satan is a Christian word for Lucifer and a propaganda tool.

The original concept of Satan is pretty much what was stated and the Christians took the word and added a new definition to their own advantage. And, if people are devil-worshippers then that is what they are: devil worshippers. And do not forget that there are several different "devils" out there than just Satan.

Let me clear that up, then: By devil worshippers I refer to ritual satanists who do things they feel are necessary (Rites, 'evil' deeds etc) to call forth the power of Satan, and I personally think that this is also the correct meaning of the word 'satanist'. I have not yet seen/read/heard a good explanation of why LaVeyists should be called satanists, but that definition has caused nothing but misunderstandings; "regular" people think that they are all child-eating, goat-worshipping lunatics and not gentle fags like they are, and people who think themselves to know a little about the subject often think that people who refer to themselves as satanists and have a definition to the word closer to mine believe that all of these people are tree-hugging faggots.

I hope I'm still not too vague.

Here's something that appeared in a local newspaper earlier this year, I translated it the best I could, read it, it's hilarious.

Diario Extra

NAKED HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS WORSHIPPING SATAN

By Ivan Meza Kawas

Plastic skulls were used as candleholders to illuminate a sewer’s underground place, where a ceremonial center was installed to pay tribute to Lucifer, prince of darkness.

In the middle of music and satanic literature, a couple of young high school students, naked, were performing devilish sexual acts. It was the security guard of Urbanización Guaimí, in La Paulina de Montes de Oca, who informed the police that both teenagers –16 and 17 years old- dressed in long gabardines and caps, entered the residential with a suspicious attitude.

San Pedro’s police department, led by Capt. Eliécer León, took the call and as they approached the lidless sewer, started to hear the moans of the excited youths.

UNDERGROND CHAPEL

When they looked into the hole, they found the ceremonial center dedicated to the evil one. Underground was the young high school girl, naked, next to her partner, having sex under the light of the skulls.

“We went into the hole to check the place and found some very strange items”, commented León, who protected with his scapulary, doesn’t’ fear any armed delinquent, much less the horned one.

In an improvised altar was the skull of a cat, and the skin they peeled off, apparently during a sacrificial ceremony. The police confiscated an eight-inch knife and a toy gun, which they supposed where used in robberies.

TEQUILA, SEX, MARIHUANA

There were also bottles of liquor, blankets, paper to roll marihuana, condoms, chains, cds of devil worshipping bands. They liked to listen to the metal band “Iran Maiden” and assisted to esoteric group’s meetings. They also found a spiked bracelet, black hats, a pipe and even a t-shirt with the inscription “Police”, plus a bag of Prince spaghetti, another of Chop Suey, hot dog bread, pop corn, which they ate to kill the hunger they got after smoking marihuana.

The police confirmed there were two high school students. In one of their notebooks they found esoteric drawings and satanic lyrics.

One of the strangest objects in the place was a little white box, on top of which a prayer was written, that is prayed in front of a mirror to make contact with the Devil himself.

PRIVATE SECURITY GUARD NARRATED NIGHT ORGIES: “THEY ALL SMOKE”

Yesterday’s detention by the San Pedro Police Department is only a small sample of what happens on that sewer hole during the night.

“There are huge orgies. They all smoke marihuana and all I see is the light of the cigarettes from far away. I’m afraid that one of these nights the evil one will take possession of them and I’d be the sacrifice of the ceremony”, told Isidro Mayorga, security guard of the place, who confirmed several cars have been scratched. “They start arriving at around seven at night. I confess that I’m scared they’d beat me up”, concluded the security guard, who felt safer because of the police action yesterday.