The only reeaosn I can think of that people like COF is...

Random Guy

New Metal Member
Because they are either wannabe satanists or wanna be goths!! It can't be the music becuase quite frankly they can't do any of it. The all wear black which is very in with teeenagers at the moemnt so yep, and you can shock your mummy with Cradle backgrounds. Also it makes you feel very baad.
If you wanna be a satanist, start with Marilyn Manson who has a band which can PLAY instruments properly. THEN ,move onto Balck Sabbath THEN get into real satanist bands. Don't go with COF. They are for six yr olds who want to look hard.
Thats merely an opiniun, I don't go in for all this satanic stuff. Too depressing. Amen Manson and Ozzy is as far as I go. Then it gets pointless and sad.

the reason i like them is the opposite. the first time i saw them was from their from the cradle to enslave video, and i thought they were "evil" and stuff so i didn't like them, but I DLed beneath the howling stars and i loved it, come on man, they may suck now but they have put out some good CDs - cruelty and the beast and all before that. the music is the only reason i like them

Greetings.

Hmm... I'm okay with Black Sabbath, but Manson... Being a good musician... Heheh

Listen to the song "The Beautiful People" live and tell me what is good about the musicianship.

The songs are not always bad though... best albums (and the only listenable records to this writer's ears) are Smells like children and Holy Wood.

Hey, Random Guy...
Your an idiot.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You see, thats your opinion... some people like them because they are 'evil'..'satanists'.. whatever else... yeah, but then again, millions of people like them for their music...
Hell.. My fucking mom loves Cradle of Filth, but she isn't to fond of the vocals... So.. yeah...

Also, I'd love to hear you try and scream like Dani... or play the guitar as fast as Gian.... play the drums as fast as Adrian... It's called talent honey, it doesn't grow on trees...

† Stay evil †

Originally posted by Saphira

Also, I'd love to hear you try and scream like Dani... or play the guitar as fast as Gian.... play the drums as fast as Adrian... It's called talent honey, it doesn't grow on trees...

† Stay evil †
... so you think CoF is talented right? :lol: :lol: :tickled: :tickled: :tickled: :rolleyes:

And what is wolverine, then, or atheist, or cynic?

Don't mix fast playing with talent. Venom play fast, but i haven't seen any talent in them... never...

the fact that you like their music doesn't make them talented, or at least not as tallented as you may think.

and believe me screaming like Dani is veeerrryyy easy if u use the same equipment Dani does...

olrighty, to say that Marilyn Manson is better that Cradle of Filth is in my oppinion BS. And "random guy" I pitty you! It seems like the image is more important for you than the music. NOW if you want talent listen to the almighty OPETH!!!

it doesn't matter how fast they can play. my fav. CoF cd is Dusk and Her Embrace, and it is relatively slow, but i love the music, it sounds great to me. it's just a matter of opinion if you like it or not. just because you like a band doesn't make them the greatest band in the world, and vice versa. metallica can still shred but i don't care for their music anymore, but i know they are still talented - just doesn't float my boat.

:rolleyes:

It was an example people...

Nobody can just get up there and play...
EVERYBODY has to practise, has to learn... And they obviously have talent, alot of people like them, being young or old. Who gives a shit anyway eh?
For example, Dani is excellent at writing lyrics, that is talent.

Alot of you are degrading them for their image...
Fuck the image, it's the music that matters, just open your ears and not your eyes.

I agree, fuck the image.
It is very fine with me to like their music, BUT:
even though they can play some things, what they play is nothing complex or technical, compared to sooooo maaannnyyy other bands. I saw them live in the summer, and they were ridiculous, not in their playing (that was above average to be honnest), but in the way they acted on the stage (that 16 year old syndrome again, i guess).
And the lyrics... well this is all a matter of perception. His lyrics really mean nothing to me, thus i name his lyrics bullshit, but i certainly will not try to convince u that he is talking of bullshit.

I mean if you want lyrics listen to some psychotic waltz or fates warning or ....

Well, to start off, I don't really agree with the Marilyn Manson being a good musician stuff. He's just an MTV pop star who thinks he's evil and just wants to freak people out. That's my opinion about Manson.

About Cradle Of Filth. Well, their last cds (ever since Midian) are't that good (they do however have a few good songs). But if you go back to the time of Vempire, or Cruelty And The Beast, you will sea they were pretty good back then. And the reasons why I like Cradle. Well, first of all, I think CoF's lyrics, and most people will have to agree with me on this, are extremly good. Secondly, I do think Dani is a good musician. He does over do it with the lame satanist stuff. I think that's stupid, but that's just my opinion. About the dressing in black leather only, wearing all the spikes, etc. Well, I do that usually as well, and I'm in no way a goth nor a satanist. It's just the way I like to look, and I don't really give a fuck about what other people think about it. As long as the people who matter to me don't mind it - and they don't, they even like it - I will remain like this.

Originally posted by metalized
It is very fine with me to like their music, BUT:
even though they can play some things, what they play is nothing complex or technical, compared to sooooo maaannnyyy other bands

That is true. BUT complexity or musicianship doesn't always mean that the music is good. I've heard stuff that is complex and the musicians wank their intruments in extacy, yet the music sounds shit. And vice versa, I've heard a LOT of stuff that is straightforward and in-your-face material, and sound good.

But that is just a matter of taste. To each their own.

-I hate COF, I think they suck (musically)
-I like Manson, but only his album "Mechanical Animals" I don't like any of the other ones.
-Mayh is right: listen to Opeth for talent!

Originally posted by DarkMare
Well, to start off, I don't really agree with the Marilyn Manson being a good musician stuff. He's just an MTV pop star who thinks he's evil and just wants to freak people out. That's my opinion about Manson

The thing I don't get about this is the fact you say he isn't a good musician, but you don't say why? So why? All the other things yousay have nothing to do with the music....

Marilyn Manson is a good musician, for what he does. Compared to Cradle of Filth, I don't think he's better. He can create some very good material, though. It's hard to say why I think CoF is better. I guess because it takes more talent to play the material that they create than it does to play Manson's, at least that's they way I think about it. I'm not a real big fan of Manson though. Actually I don't like him at all anymore. That glam shit or whatever he's doing is pretty dumb.

Originally posted by Eddy

That is true. BUT complexity or musicianship doesn't always mean that the music is good. I've heard stuff that is complex and the musicians wank their intruments in extacy, yet the music sounds shit. And vice versa, I've heard a LOT of stuff that is straightforward and in-your-face material, and sound good.

But that is just a matter of taste. To each their own.
Couldn't agree more!!! You are absolutely right!!!

Originally posted by Random Guy
Because they are either wannabe satanists or wanna be goths!! It can't be the music becuase quite frankly they can't do any of it. The all wear black which is very in with teeenagers at the moemnt so yep, and you can shock your mummy with Cradle backgrounds. Also it makes you feel very baad.
If you wanna be a satanist, start with Marilyn Manson who has a band which can PLAY instruments properly. THEN ,move onto Balck Sabbath THEN get into real satanist bands. Don't go with COF. They are for six yr olds who want to look hard.
Thats merely an opiniun, I don't go in for all this satanic stuff. Too depressing. Amen Manson and Ozzy is as far as I go. Then it gets pointless and sad.

*sigh*

Yes you are an idiot. And also, if you want people to respect your opinion a little more, learn to use correct spelling and grammar. Your post seems like 13 year old's english essay on why Manson is better than COF.

ANYWAY...I don't think they're wannabe's, because they aren't goths or satanists. They don't take it seriously.

And Marilyn Manson? HAHAHAHA. I haven't heard one good song by him...TOO repetitive, boring lyrics, no imagination.

If you don't like 'satanic stuff', that's fine, but then you can't make an unbiased review of any so-called satanic bands.

I couldn't agree more Klaha. Therefor I would like to translate the 13 yr old english for everyone so we all know exactly what random stupid thread generator was trying to say.

Manson is better than COF = I listen to Linken Park
Manson is talented = I think Michael Jackson's Thriller was the best metal album ever!
Satanists are subverting pop culture and brainwashing young folk by simply wearing black = This really is a 13 year old's english assignment and i'm about to fail

thank you for your patience

PS michael jackson is talented...hehe