Peter Brock killed!

phlogiston

Bejabbers!
Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
Visit site
Hope this is wrong.

It's not a good week to be an Australian legend.

------

Racing car driver Peter Brock has been killed in a car accident in Western Australia, according to reports.

Early reports suggest that the racing car driver was killed when his car ran into a tree.

More to come.

Kerry rang me at work straight after the announcement.

That's fucked.

(I guess it doesn't pay to be an icon in Oz at present...you may be the third)

Very sad news once again

Still, if you live by the sword etc.

Blitzkrieg said:
I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I have heard he was actually quite a cunt.

Yea what a cunt. I mean, creating a charity that donates thousands of dollars every year to organizations that help disabled people and other needy people.

Spending whole days meeting and actually talking to fans at Bathurst and other public appearances. Not just talking shit but actually listening to his fans and offering advice on life.

Helping out hundreds of young racing drivers and giving free advice.
Promoting Australian sport around the world and inspiring millions of fans in Australia and the world.

Being one of the only sports stars that never , ever had a bad word to say about anyone.

yea what a cunt.

So for someone who doesn't mean to be disrespectful you are doing a pretty good job at it. Why not have a clue what you are talking about before making statements like this.

Even cunts do positive things. Why do you assume I don't know what I am talking about? I have heard many things, including things from people that have met him on multiple occasions, and I won't repeat them here, because yes, I do mean no disrespect. There is no point dissing the dead, it achieves nothing, I was merely stating that I don't think he was great bloke as Gore said.

Peter was a tremendous competitor on the track, tough but always fair, and a decent bloke off it
-- Dick Johnson

Blitzy - There is some talk that he had a fairly, shall we say, volatile relationship with his first two wives, but from everything I have heard about his life since the early 80s (and as a petrolhead from way back, I've heard a lot), his reputation as a great bloke is well founded. :)