Petrucci/Loomis/Abasi tour

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rage-Band.jpg

"Yes, what do you want?"

only awesome to see Abasi, cuz there's actually some uniqueness to his style of playing. loomis and petrucci, as awesome as they are as shredders, are just that: shredders

edit: actually, petrucci has some style to his playing. loomis is kinda just a shredder in all honesty

I'd have to disagree; I think Jeff Loomis has the most character of the three. Abasi's playing seems to most immature, then Petrucci, the Loomis.

Loomis is a good writer as is Petrucci...I enjoy their as if I enjoy Dave Gilmour solos. Abasi...is that the guy from Animals as Leaders?

I think if animals as leaders were around for 20 years...then lets say dream theater and nevermore come out with their first two albums. i'd pretty thrilled with dt and nevermore more than AaL Especially the solos.

Loomis' songwriting is much more important to me than his chops, overall. It's easy to tell people about a badass shredder, but it's always the songs that stick out in my mind. Zero Order Phase was less about shredding to me as the new record. But I'd take a new (GOOD) Nevermore record over either of those any day of the week. Hell, I'd take a new TOC, honestly.

Seeing him solo a few months ago, I was excited, then as soon as he started I realized that I didn't care that much. :rolleyes: