Pew Pew! (Photo of my new pea shooter.)

Captain Beard

No longer active
Sep 6, 2001
It's just a WWII curio rifle, so quit panicking, you gun-paranoids.

DSC01241.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

DSC01244.jpg

DSC01245.jpg

DSC01246.jpg

DSC01252.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

DSC01254.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

These last two frightened children into wetting themselves when I signed it. I was bored, so I took the test for shits and giggles and passed:

DSC01259.jpg

DSC01260.jpg

Have you shot anything with it yet?

It's only been home since 6 pm, and I have to drive 32 miles into the national forest to fire it, so, I'd say, Thursday maybe.

very nice!
Must get a rifle!
It was $120, very good condition. Just needs cleaning. But if you're getting an old WWII type, you gotta know what you're getting, the ammo type, and make SURE TO CHECK THAT THE PARTS AND BARREL ARE ALL IN VERY GOOD CONDITION.

Old rifles come in a WIDE range of conditions. Ask the seller to walk you through what you're looking at if you find one in a gun shop.

If you really want a mauser, look for a K98, or a Yugoslavian M48. Turks (like mine) are fine if you can verify they're not rebuilt from spare parts. It wasn't.

My next one is that Mossberg 464 when it comes out. Then a Smith&Wesson M&P45. Then probably a shotgun. More old rifles in between as I stumble across them.

Oh, it has been fired, the damned thing is 68 years old. The tag was from the shop I picked it up at.