Phasing problems!

Acesulfame

Mar 29, 2009
England
www.youtube.com
I'm recording the new Mors Principium Est album and I've got to the last song of the rhythm guitars and oh my god, I am completely stuck with this. It's a chuggy triplet song which are always the ones which seem to be prone to phasing issues but this is getting beyond a joke now.

I've literally recorded stacks of this same riff (I mean, about 20 times - all perfect takes of the same riff) and when I play back any 2 of them together in the same speaker, it completely phases and sounds awful.

I've got to the point where I'm trying anything to change my playing style slightly to stop the phasing - but nothing seems to work. I'm trying different picks, playing the same notes on different strings, but it's just hopeless.

Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated!

I'm recording D.Is with a reamp box and my PodXT at the same time, so I can reference what I've recorded with the Pod's tone. But when I stack two takes of the same riff together (of the pod) they phase every time. The whole album up to this point has been a breeze but it always seems to be these triplet riffs that get me.