Phil Demmel speaks on new Machine Head record

I'm sorry but Machine Head Kicks Ass. The Burning Red and Supercharger aren't as good as the others but still have some good songs. (Note: These two releases featured Ahrue Luster on guitar who is now playing with Ill Nino. Enough said.) I've seen them live twice in the early days and met Robb Flynn & Adam Duce. Great guys. Through The Ashes Of Empires was a "return to form" and reminiscent of Burn My Eyes and The More Things Change. Hopefully the new album will be just as good or better. Seeing them live with Lamb Of God/Gojira in april, and Trivium isn't on this bill, Thank God.

Burn My Eyes is a classic record.

It's hard for 15-17 year old kids to listen to it objectively now outside of the context of the year it came out, so they'll probably call it nu metal or something. (not an "I'm an old metal dude that knows all" post, just stating the obvious)

the rest of the albums are hit n miss...especially the mid period stuff where they did try to get a little nu metal and were experimenting with braided hairdos.

the last album was an effort to go back to the Burn My Eyes era stuff, but the second try is never as good as the original.

Don't know if I'll have the patience for 10 minute machine head songs though.

I've only listened to the advance a couple of times, but it sounds average so far. Less rap at least.

that means it'll be leaked soon! hooray!

it better be good. with as much hype as Robb and Phil were giving it, it better at least be the league with The More Things Change. They aren't topping Burn My Eyes.

Burn My Eyes is a classic record.

It's hard for 15-17 year old kids to listen to it objectively now outside of the context of the year it came out, so they'll probably call it nu metal or something. (not an "I'm an old metal dude that knows all" post, just stating the obvious)

the rest of the albums are hit n miss...especially the mid period stuff where they did try to get a little nu metal and were experimenting with braided hairdos.

the last album was an effort to go back to the Burn My Eyes era stuff, but the second try is never as good as the original.

Don't know if I'll have the patience for 10 minute machine head songs though.

I'll attempt to have patience, and agree with the hit n' miss comment.

Zane

New song leaked. "Aesthetics Of Hate"

Very all over the place and unpredictable, maybe too much so. about a dozen riffs and a badass solo duel from Phil and Robb. It's not Loomis type stuff, but it's awesome nonetheless.

P.s. Elitists won't like it.

I saw the words "Vio-Lence was terrible" and "Machine Head is good" in this thread, and I totally just lost any remaining hope in humanity...

Thanks.

Eternal Nightmare \m/

I thought Vio-lence was just another run of the mill thrash band. I thought Machine Head took a lot of the aggression of thrash, slowed it down into a good groove and helped paved their own sound... before Robb started rapping i mean.

it's my opinion though.