Philedalphia (and surrounding area)

M.

my hair could beat you up
Feb 12, 2003
what's it like over there, as far as metal goes? i'm gonna be moving there this year, and i dont want to be dissapointed!

moving to philly!

I was born there! It's a cool city with a great culural community (if you're into stuff like that- I am)...haven't been back in a few years, and never sought out anything metal, but good luck... I know what a cross country move is like...my parents moved from New Jersey to CA while I was in high school.....kinda rough....

If I may ask, how old are you?

dude i live in NJ about 5 miles from philly...theres a lot of hardcore and a lot of death metal...we also get the NJ metalfest...which has all ready passed over here...but you can wait until next year...

and i also know that Children of Bodom are coming to Philadelphia in august or something...so its a lot to look forward too...lots of great clubs...awesome shit...

where exactly are you moving to?...maybe i will know where its at and we can chill...ha ha

oh...would you happen to be a drummer???...my band needs one..

whoa shit, bodom? awesome. i doubt i'll be out there by august though :(.

i'm 17 and i'm going to be at Drexel University (if all continues as planned)

the only insturements ive ever really played are the piano, a long time ago, and my voice. drumming sounds fun, though, i dunno.

hey sadiztik, what exactly do you mean by 'cultural community' ? cool website btw.

Cultural Community- I meant a lot of different cultures with cultural districts...A big asian population, a big immigrant african american population, a large gay community...

I love being exposed to different cultures, but maybe thats just me hehehe....leads to:interesting people, good food, great art, and great fun.

cool. what about german? i know there was at one time a large german population in pennsylvania, is it stil present in philly? and didnt philly used to be like metal central in the usa in the 80's (besides LA and hollywood) ?

theres people everywhere around philly and the surrounding area...you are going to find people from japan all the way to canada...

i think that covers the whole world...

there are a lot of smart people...a lot of interesting people...a lot of shit to do...if you have a car...

though if you're in philly you can just take the train or bus...

oh you play piano???...you should play for us then...we want one...a keyboardist...

you dont want <<this one, i suck. i can transcribe stuff allright, but i no longer remember the chords or how to even read music ..bleh