Phlebotomized

Podgie

Young Man, Old Soul
Jul 9, 2007
London, England
2682_logo.gif

Phlebotomized were a Dutch seven-piece death metal band formed in 1989. They combined the styles of death/doom, technical death and avant-garde death with some grinding parts to create their own unique sound, the combination of brutally and melody. They split up after the release of their second full-length Skycontact (which retains little to nothing from their previous album) in 1997. Prior to Skycontact, they released two demos and two EPs as well as Immense Intense Suspense - the album often regarded as their finest work, and which impressed me so much.

Superb atmospheric avant-garde doomy death metal. Highly recommended!

Phlebotomized @ Myspace
Phlebotomized @ Metal Archives

I checked em out when you posted em in the "Recommendation" thread, insane stuff! Too bad Amazon doesn't have Skycontact, :(

I know man, it's a task and a half trying to track down physical copies of their stuff. I've been on the search for a long time and I only own a copy of Skycontact, which is pretty rare. I don't think I stand a chance of getting hold of a copy of Immense, Intense, Suspense or Preach Eternal Gospels without winning a fierce bidding war.

The band split a long time ago now though and all their releases are long out of print so if you want the music I'd say just download it. I did, simply because it's the only way you're going to be able to hear it.