Phoenix Metal Shops

BasilisK

Good day, pusscake.
Apr 16, 2002
The desert.
Visit site
Hey guys, are there any metal shops left out there? I never head into Phoenix unless I have a reason, and since CDGB's closed, I have none. So I don't know what else is out there. Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers to Vehemence, still waiting for that new CD.

Thanks guys, I'll have to check them out when I get paid. What's the one at Camelback and Central called? Do these stores have a decent selection and pricing?

zia 40th and thunderbird (less than 1/2 mile from my pad!!!!) I just keep showing up looking at all the great used cd's...I can't believe some of the things people don't want anymore!!! Last time I went I found (used) Twisted Sister Big Hits and Nasty Cuts, Dave Brockie Experience, Hawkwind, and a ton of others. Some of the coolest gems have been the Dee Snider and SMF live disk for $.99, Black Sabbath Live Evil also $.99, and In Flames Colony(the dude fucked up and accidentally mixed that shit up with the $.99 stuff and instead of $9.99, it was...you guessed it $.99!!!) Man I just gotta say that the used cd store experience is just as important to me as the actual listening of the disk. I love going to the store and trying to decide which disk I'll end up purchasing.. Oh, did I just go off on a tangent? Alright, carry on then.

Yea, I used to make the rounds to all four Zia's. That one on Thunderbird was a gold mine. Couldn't even list all the hard to find shit I've found at that one. The one that used to be on Shay usually sucked. Mill almost always sucked.... Indian School was'nt ever much either. I need to head out there again sometime. The only problem with them is, you can't go there looking for anything specific, you just browse around and hope to find something good.

I checked out both Chinche's (thanks for the tip on those by the way). I couldn't find one CD at either store worth buying (basically because I already have most of their best stuff), but I loaded up on shirts. I can't fuckin believe they had a Dawn "Slaughtersun (Crown of the Triarchy)" shirt. I would have bought God Was Created there, but he said he didn't have it yet the day I went, but he was waiting for John to show up with some any minute :mad: So of course I go to The End Records on the net when I get home and they just sold out. You guys are makin some fuckin noise! I pitch your shit on a few random boards I go to and usually everybody already knows who you are and are into your shit.:headbang: