Photographic Proof That SLIPKNOT Is Working On New Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, SLIPKNOT has finally entered a recording studio and guitarist Jim Root has offered photographic evidence for anyone who might not believe it's true. Root posted a photo on Instagram of his arm, with a guitar in his hand, poised over a mixing board. The caption, "Sig love on the API," was followed by the hashtags "#fenderguitar," "#work," "#thecoffeesucks" and "#slipknot2014."The new SLIPKNOT album will be its first since 2008's "All Hope Is Gone" and the first since the 2010 death of bassist Paul Gray and the recent dismissal of drummer Joey Jordison.Jim Root told The Pulse Of Radio late last year — before the news about Jordison broke — that he was feeling the urgency to make a new SLIPKNOT album. "You know, we haven't done a record since Paul's been gone and it's been pushing six years. And there's a lot of people in SLIPKNOT and a lot of fans and me myself kind of feel like it's time for that hurdle to be overcome. And for me, that's really like my number one priority and the most important thing for me right now."SLIPKNOT has not disclosed the reasons for Jordison's exit, although the drummer issued a statement recently saying that he did not quit the band. A replacement has yet to be named.Root is sitting out a tour with his other band, STONE SOUR, so that he can concentrate on starting the new SLIPKNOT record. The trek begins on January 14 in Florida.SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor and SLIPKNOT percussionist Shawn "Clown" Crahan have both indicated that 2014 will be a comeback year for SLIPKNOT.

More...