Pick 10 albums from this list

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Mezarkabul

Meshuggah - <anything except Chaosphere>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell me that's only because you have that album already. Chaosphere=Amazing!!!

I bought Chaosphere without ever hearing Meshuggah before (about 3 years ago).

I then saw them open for Slayer a few years ago...

Then I got a sampler with 2 songs from Nothing at a Slayer show in Atlanta a few months back....

Then saw them open for Tool last month in Indianapolis...

So my question is.......why the hype? I just don't get it, Meshuggah does nothing for me. The riffs at times are boring and unimagineative. The vocals come across as monotone and almost cheesy to me.

I'm not saying the band sucks, I just don't like them. And I've never understood the hype....

Flame away...

DaNk :Smokedev:

I like Meshuggah for their brutality. I mean, Jens is one of the most abrasive vocalists I've ever heard. And it's a mix of a scream and a growl, so it's very unique. The reason I like them so much though is their songwriting ability. With all of the polyrhythms and such, it blows my mind how they are able to write songs the way they are. Yeah they're not the fastest and the riffs may not be extremely difficult, but they're good musicians and that's what I look for. And I agree that they are an acquired taste...not easy to get into. But once you do, you'll be amazed.