pictured account of the abandoned mine in CT part one

screwdriverqueen

human plant/container.
Nov 3, 2002
Boston
www.livejournal.com
it was right up there with the beauty of the grand canyon, i promise.

it was a layered adventure, an enormous wooded hill. to reach the mine, you must first enter an abandoned factory of some sort.

pictured examples:

me and the TRACTOR OF DOOM and small blue flashlight.

17328724.jpg

toby/serious examination of the mysterious machine/heavy black maglight.

17328830.jpg

my less serious-looking examination of the machine, but i think i look more like a silly orange child on a bubble machine.

17328945.jpg

montauk project-like panel.

view

the rusty box thing was suspended from the ceiling. so of course, i had to crawl into it. it had a paper cup inside. also, about a 12 inches of MICA DUST. and now there are MICA BITS imbedded in my lungs! it hurts, but it's interesting-feeling because it is metallic. that box has to do with ventilation.

17329111.jpg

17329231.jpg

"bukkaked by mica flakes." also, i'm almost certain that i have asbestos poisoning.

17329244.jpg

ON/OFF SWITCH, i like his face.

17329353.jpg

"hammer mill"

17329490.jpg

The jackets were supplied to us by the ECK LAB. I think.

See, I can't remember because all of a sudden we're at this cult gazebo, and next thing we know we're at the mine with these uniforms. We should have taken a close-up picture of the emblems thereon. :/

One of the coolest things about that mine is how it is arranged all up this huge steep hill/mountain leading DIRECTLY into a river, as if one day they anticipate needing to maybe pull a lever and activate a self-destruct mechanism that will slide the entire mine into the river. I also like how once you reach the top of the creepy mine-mountain, the trees end and there's this blazing field of greenery stretching as far as the eye can see. (in the summer, at least).

Going back?