Pictures from the middle east

I'm glad to see that my fine tradition of making it into Return to the Pit photos but having all facial detail obscured continues!

Excellent performance, along with Agalloch. I couldn't stay for The Gathering.

I drove from NY to see the show, since L'Amours shut down, but I have to say it was worth it. Not only to see great performances, but the sound/acousics in the Middle East were outstanding. Certainly a much better event than L'Amours could ever offer.

The one thing I run into at the Middle East is an inability to hear vocals. I think it has to do with the fact that my position always fucking sucks.

Well man, we were two feet apart. Revaaron got around a bit more so he might know.

Holy low ceiling batman. It looks like Vito could almost hit his head on it. But yeah, that's an excellent turnout. Much better than that show in Milwaukee where there were like 50 people. Of course the Rave promoted that one like shit. They simply promoted it as a local doom fest and never mentioned who was playing it. That and the $6 beers in a town that's used to $3. That doesn't help.

Yeah, the ceiling was rather low in the Middle East but it was still a fun stage to play. I hear that H.I.M are playing there on their U.S. tour next month....that's going to be a shock for them to play on a stage like that after headlining large venues in Europe!

Luckily we didn't have any blinding light problems on tour like we did in Milwaukee lol I think that was just a case of the lights being positioned a bit awkwardly that night, that's all. There may have been only 50 or 60 people at that show when we played but they were all very cool and it was enjoyable, that's all that matters.

NP: Maps- Yeah Yeah Yeahs

yeah, what's up with HIM being all huge now?!? Universal totally is pimping that shit left and right; that pink covered disc is on sale for $8.99 now at a local store and they had like 12 copies. it's ridiculous seeing as how a year or two after it came out, you'd have to pay import prices to get it. how old is that disc anyway?

and Lar: if you like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, check out www.wfmu.org radio station- in their archives, they have a live performance by them a couple years ago. (there's also an awesome Dysrhythmia set and an Infidel?/Castro! set that's interesting and tons of other stuff)

Yep, H.I.M are finally getting the big push from Universal after all this time. Apparently the band had been wanting them to release the cds here for ages, but they couldn't get the support. Most likely now with the whole connection to Bam Margera and all that, Universal finally decided to give it a shot. I'm curious to see when and where the other old cds will get released here. I still think their first album (Greatest Love Songs Vol.666) is their best and heaviest, though I like all of their discs. I didn't think H.I.M would catch on over here in any big way, but there seems to be a relatively big buzz going on about them so who knows.....If the Darkness can go gold here, anything is possible LOL
To answer your question, Razorblade Romance came out in 2000. Eric, do you remember me bringing in those first cds of theirs way back when we were working on The Knowing? That how old it is! lol
And yes I am really digging the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, it's something different right now and they're one of the few bands doing the whole two-piece band (not counting the vocalist) that I find interesting, though I do like some White Stripes. I'll definitely check out that link, plus I think Dysrhythmia are pretty interesting as well so I'll look into that.

If one of you dudes needs/wants Razorblade Romance, the radiostation I worked with gave me a promo. 99.9% not my thing.