pics from the middle east show last night!

oh man i'm sooo pissed i couldn't go to this. how was the crowd? size? were the new songs well-received? how'd the new drummer dude work out? who took those pictures? were pelican et al awesome? etc.

lizard said:
cool, now I can see them! wtf

mia's hair has really grown.

i'm going for the sadako look:

sadakoStaggers.jpg

holy shit, i look SO strange and alien in some of these pictures! strange and sort of like a bored turtle?!!? wtf. i'm not very photogenic lately. :-\

well some of us may disagree ;) but Greg is looking good too, much more svelt.:)

Burzumite: I know what its like to be surrounded by less than adventurous musical souls...until I discovered KD I was in something of a rut myself. but surely you can find someone who is willing to drive for beer. you can stay sober and drive home :lol: truly, High Street is easy to locate, if fear of new destinations is their issue. Just as an example, I don't know anyone who has actually been in the High Five, but I know several people who know exactly where it is.

It was a great show all around, though KD definitely should've played longer and not been the opener. The two new songs were a great sneak peek at the coming album. As you can see from the pics, the last one ended in a slow crescendo of mad industrial rhythmic percussion-smacking! Between the two we were lucky enough to get an awesome rendition of the second half of Marathon (? I think that was the one, I'm no good with song names).

Judging from the things I overheard and the people I spoke to outside, among the shunned masses of smokers, KD fans as well as people who hadn't heard of them were equally impressed (though you couldn't really tell from the crowd reaction, which was mostly static yet appreciative throughout the night)

The new drummer dude did a great job for a first gig. Despite seeming tense, he didn't once fuck up. Or at least no one noticed.

Those pictures were taken, according to what Mindspell told me, by that cat who works for Return from the Pit and just goes to a lot of awesome shows and takes pictures.

The other bands were awesome as well. Not much of a fan of Panthers but they did alright at what they do. Big Business I'd never heard, a duo composed of a crazy agile drummer and a burly hollering bassist. A bit too punk-y for my tastes, but they sure were a double-barrel-full of energy. A lot of fun! Pelican I love dearly, and they played a great set (my favorite song being that new one on their latest EP), but I have to admit it sorta got repetitive near the end. As I said then, I could've listened to them play for hours longer had I had a nice sofa and a reefer at my disposal. But my feet were aching and I was tired from the drive, so I'd kinda run out of steam at that point...

Nothing much else to say except that it was most definitely worth the ride, the cost and the inexplicable recurring gridlocks on the I93, in the middle of nowhere. Thanks again to those who woke up to find three Canucks in their living room the next morning.

Nut Butter said:
It was a great show all around, though KD definitely should've played longer and not been the opener. The two new songs were a great sneak peek at the coming album. As you can see from the pics, the last one ended in a slow crescendo of mad industrial rhythmic percussion-smacking! Between the two we were lucky enough to get an awesome rendition of the second half of Marathon (? I think that was the one, I'm no good with song names).

Judging from the things I overheard and the people I spoke to outside, among the shunned masses of smokers, KD fans as well as people who hadn't heard of them were equally impressed (though you couldn't really tell from the crowd reaction, which was mostly static yet appreciative throughout the night)

The new drummer dude did a great job for a first gig. Despite seeming tense, he didn't once fuck up. Or at least no one noticed.

Those pictures were taken, according to what Mindspell told me, by that cat who works for Return from the Pit and just goes to a lot of awesome shows and takes pictures.

The other bands were awesome as well. Not much of a fan of Panthers but they did alright at what they do. Big Business I'd never heard, a duo composed of a crazy agile drummer and a burly hollering bassist. A bit too punk-y for my tastes, but they sure were a double-barrel-full of energy. A lot of fun! Pelican I love dearly, and they played a great set (my favorite song being that new one on their latest EP), but I have to admit it sorta got repetitive near the end. As I said then, I could've listened to them play for hours longer had I had a nice sofa and a reefer at my disposal. But my feet were aching and I was tired from the drive, so I'd kinda run out of steam at that point...

Nothing much else to say except that it was most definitely worth the ride, the cost and the inexplicable recurring gridlocks on the I93, in the middle of nowhere. Thanks again to those who woke up to find three Canucks in their living room the next morning.

right on, awesome show to say the least, first kayo dot gig i've gone to, and also the first one at the middle east for me.... I loved the Neubauten style freakout at the end... is that zorn's doing or did you guys have it in you all the time? I loved zorns work with Merzbow and Annie Gosfield on tzadik so ya know...

Hell, untill I found Greg on myspace, I didn't know he had cut his hair off. I'm a bad friend and fan! :(

Haha, he said tard.