Pictures of Amott's Washburn

That's a pretty cool V.

looks alot like my white '86 gibson that has no pickguard either.

The show in NYC he was using 2 Dean's....guess he's still undecided

Amazing show man...All of the bands were great. I wasn't much into 1349, but other than that, well worth the ticket price.

What is that intro music that they play? It seemed like a bit of "Necroticism..." but there was a lot more talking.

-Joe

Amazing show man...All of the bands were great. I wasn't much into 1349, but other than that, well worth the ticket price?

What is that intro music that they play? It seemed like a bit of "Necroticism..." but there was a lot more talking.
Not too sure what that was in the beginning intro but after that part it did go into the Necroticism intro.

Same here, I have to say Carcass were fucking amazing(especially with a 15 year absence) Suffocation also.
I wasn't to much into the Black Metal of 1349 either...as my friends and I kept saying, "Why can't it be White Metal?" haha:loco: As for Necro...great music technically but boring after a while in my opinion.

I scored VIP passes from a friend that does the sound for Carcass(Thanks AK if you are on the forum) and he said Amott wasn't into the Washburns.

He said they were crappy basically and weren't up to his standards or liking so Dean sent two models out that night before in which you probably noticed, something happened to first one during the opening of the first song.

I was standing above Bill Steer the whole time on the side of the stage literally above him and his leads were incredible. He was running the Randall stack with a Boss TU2 and an Ibanez tubescreamer.

Mike ran the Randall as a power amp with the GSP1101 and a Digitech floorboard.....no pedals

Great show all in all except for the 8 dollar mini can of beer! :mad:

Carcass082.jpg

Sounds like a fun time w/ the VIP passes man. It was an amazing show. I'm a big Necrophagist fan, so I have all the parts memorized in my head. I've seen em before, but that new drummer is sick!

I'm a black metal fan, but for some reason 1349 didn't do it for me. Maybe I can't enjoy black metal live.

Yeah, Steer's solos were amazing! He's just an all around great guitarist. I'm really into his rock band Firebird as well. Awesome bluesy rock.

-Joe

Downgrade, that looks like a hack-job knockoff version of his ESP signature model. I predict his ESP model will rise in value massively because of this.

I'm not going to say "what was he thinking?" because I'm sure he's on a better contract with Washburn (since he's one of their only endorsees, and they desperately need somebody high profile like him), but I would be embarrassed to sport that guitar personally.

carcass164_469065.jpg

carcass165_469066.jpg

What is wrong with it? Looks like a regular V... I like the headstock design too, fits the body well.

~006

That V looks kinda tiny, but I do like the design of it, the headstock is very reminiscent of his ESP

Is he using a Randall RM100? It's definitely not his signature V2. Okay, I know he's not 'using it', but ya know, he's not sporting his sig. Randall?

That's not a bad looking guitar actually, I was expecting worse (given the quality of the other sigs that Washburn sell!!).

what do you mean? I've got a customshop Washburn (Dime3) and it's one of the best axes I've ever played...expensive as fuck but really great, and I think Amott won't be playing any china-stuff either ;)

what do you mean? I've got a customshop Washburn (Dime3) and it's one of the best axes I've ever played...expensive as fuck but really great, and I think Amott won't be playing any china-stuff either ;)

Yeah, I have the prototype of Nick Catanese evil twin, and it feels and looks better then any Gibson ive ever played so. ;X

Meisterjäger;7592693 said:
Is he using a Randall RM100? It's definitely not his signature V2. Okay, I know he's not 'using it', but ya know, he's not sporting his sig. Randall?

Yes, in the pic it is a RM100.

~006

I actually prefer that washburn aesthetically to the ninja anyway, but I guess they won't see the light of day if he couldn't even complete a tour with them. I wonder why he ditched ESP...

Is he using a Randall RM100? It's definitely not his signature V2

Both were running Randall's but Amott ran his as a power amp with the gsp1101 with the digi floorboard...Steer ran the amp with a Ibanez TS-9 for leads and a Boss TU-2 tuner ...he also used the Boss pedal as a noise reduction to elimanate feedback during breaks in the songs.